Thursday, January 04, 2007

South Beach



So the day has come the 30 bags of Halloween candy I bought have been devoured, all of the Christmas fudge, various dips, carmels, and little smokies were eaten....it is time for me to start my diet. I know the picture above may not look very appetizing (taken with my phone) but it is what we had for dinner for day one south beach diet. We (Cort and I) started off with breakfast of scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. I have sugar free atkins syrup (no calories no sugar no carbs...basically maple flavored water) a couple of drops of the syrup on the bacon makes it so yummy and a little less like cardboard. For lunch we ate at the University of Utah Hospital (doctors appt. for ashley) I had a salad and Cortney ate a 6 dollar steak which was actually delish and came with asparagus. For dinner (pictured above) we had green beans and salmon cooked in tinfoil packets with red peppers, garlic, lime juice and tons of lemon pepper. It really was some of the best salmon I've had. So day one almost over. I have a screaming headache but so far I haven't gotten the shakes. I did come to realize at my doctors appt. that I gained 4 lbs while I was in Rexburg for Christmas (well worth it Nicole well worth it). I can't wait to lose some weight. Oh my snacks for the day were a string cheese and a couple nuts.

3 comments:

Berta said...

GREAT JOB, ASH! It looks so good - you did really well. I 'attempted' to start today - but still don't have the groceries I needed so it'll be 'tomorrow' BUT, it was those sugar-covered almonds that forced their way into my mouth that really held up progress! I started a blog especially for this 'horrific undertaking (since they're FREE, why not!) http://bertapoundage.blogspot.com
(***keep this site quiet***) humiliation in it's purest form! ! ! Great work, Ash!
MomBerta
PS Turn your volume up when you log-on . . .!

Anonymous said...

very worth it indeed

Supercords said...

Ash,

I was just at Happy Sumo with Cali and Joey who are doing some sort of Atkins/South Beach nonsense too. Joey was barely hanging in there.

Add a little exercise to your routine, and you can splurge on a treat or two each day.