Thursday, January 18, 2007

Day 14

I started Wednesday with two fried eggs and two sausages. I gagged them down in the car on the way to take Oliver to the dentist for a cleaning. He is so cute at the dentist. So serious. He is always so good and lets them do what they need to do with out any problems. I love taking him there. Afterwards I got him a sonic kids meal. Oh man tator tots....he got a grilled cheese sandwich and it is on texas toast with melted velveta goodness in the middle. When I am not dieting I get it all the time. It smelled so good and felt so yummy in my hands. It was one of the things I've wanted the most since starting the diet. We came home and my sister and I went to the grocery store while Cortney watched the kids. I was mostly going to get more steps in. It is so cold in Utah right now. We went over after to Great Harvest. They are the only bread store in Orem that mills their flour every day. That makes it better for you I guess. We bought a couple of loaves in anticipation for our ending of phase 1, but passed up the offer for a free sample. We both still had to finish the day. For lunch we had vlassic pickles wrapped in fat-free lunch meat with a tinsy bit of low fat cream cheese spread on there. I had more lunch meat and string cheese later in the day as a snack. Cortney had scouts and three kids actually showed up. I went to pick one of them up and I couldn't believe their house. I am not trying to be judgemental or rude or anything. I just felt so bad for this nice little boy. All of their windows were covered up so their was no light in the house except for the TV. You couldn't see the floor at all their was stuff everywhere. It looked like the hoarders homes they show on Oprah. I have never seen such a dirty home. When I told Cortney about it later, he said another kid in our scouts house is WAY worse. I couldn't believe it. When they all were out our house they kept saying, "man your house is so nice" , "I can't believe how huge your house is!" , "wow, you guys have a big screen TV that is awesome (about Cortneys 1990 big screen he got for free from a friend)". It made me realize just how lucky we are and that our kids are pretty dang lucky too. Our ward is a really poor ward. The houses in our ward though are starting to be pretty expensive so the new people that are coming in usually are just like Cortney and I nice young couple with a couple of kids...pretty good job. Slowly the dynamics of the ward are changing. It is sad though when we are one of the families that is the best off. When I drove a girl home from mutal she said..."you live in a house? Lucky! I wish I lived in a house". We really are lucky too. Anyways during scouts my sister brought over here 4 kids for us to babysit while her and her husband who was only in town for the night went to watch a show in SLC. It was crazy here while I tried to cook dinner for six kids and all of the 10 year old scouts were here too and they are wild. I got all of the kids into bed, and ran off to a white elephant exchange at mutal. It was pretty fun. I left as soon as the last present was open and when I got back Rob was the only kid that had gone to bed. Poor Cortney. I had made split pea soup for Cortney and I for dinner. It was pretty good considering I didn't have any ham to put in it. I just used what I had in my pantry. I didn't take a picture because there is nothing you can do to make split pea soup look good. It was nice and creamy though (i blended half of it) which is not what you usually get in south beach. I had a Rusell stover peanut butter cup for desert. Watched American Idol, and beauty and the Geek before bed. American Idol contestants keep getting worse and worse. Man I kept laughing hard at the people and I would wake up Grace (I was rocking her). Being not able to laugh was making me want to laugh even more. Well that is all.

1 comment:

Berta said...

GREAT JOURNALING! Thanks for a look into your day. Ollie is such a sweetheart - what a sweet little guy at the dentist! Tell him Grandma is going to take him for a 'special ride' when he comes this next time. Fun. So sad about the kids homes - more of that than you would think! You are so blessed to have such a beautiful home for your family - and it's sooooo clean! Great work, Mom!