Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Day 7

Woke up this morning and we decided to take the kids swimming at the indoor pool in Lehi, it is awesome has water slides and kids jungle gym in the shallow end. So we got all packed up. I made Cortney and I, to-go egg omlets made in my sandwich maker. We loaded up and got to the pool just to find that it was under repair and drained. Oliver was so sad he wanted to swim. It was a real bummer.I could not believe it. We drove home put Rob to bed, and Oliver and I went for a walk. We walked a mile (he rode his scooter). By the time we started home he was too tired I thought I was going to have to call Cortney to come get us but we made it and he rode the whole way. I just had to stop and rest once for about a minute. He wouldn't say he was tired though he is way too cool for that. He just kept saying things like I want to look at these leaves, or snow or whatever he saw. I could tell that he just wanted to rest. He is so funny. After that I went to Costco for more chicken breasts and then to Albertsons. They are having a 10 for 10 sale on cereals, granola bars, ragu spagetti sauce, and other assorted things like breakfast bars and such. I spent 62.00 and saved 153.00. It was awesome. I love it. I bought a whole bunch of cereal. I felt like I could have eaten all of it today if I could have. All of those yummy carb loaded treats. I gave rob and Ollie a Blueberry Muffin bar on the way home and they had 26g of carbs each. YEOUCH. When we got back we ate salads. Cortney waited, and waited for his scouts to come tonight. No one showed. None are active, but he called all four of them today to remind them of the activity. After scouts...or wating for scouts, I headed over to young womens and we worked on Personal Progress. For refreshments they had two different pepperidge farm freezer desserts, icecream, a cherry pie, and half of a big birthday cake from costco with strawberry mouse icing. I just sat there and truthfully, I felt okay. I didn't need that stuff. Got home and made the yummiest thing for dinner. I made FAJITA's they were delicious! I sauteed red pepper and onion till tender. Then I set them aside as i browned thinly sliced chicken breast. I added about a half a fajita mix and water and cooked according the the instructions on the bag. (you can find fajita mix with almost no carbs) When it was done I added back in the veggies. We then used cabbage leaves as our tortillas and put a little cheese on top with a little ranch. It was YUMMY. It would have been even better if I'd had a little avocado, but I made this last minute so no luck. I went to so many stores today, plus that little walk with Oliver that I hit 10,095 almost on my own. Of course I always take the farthest parking spot from the door and walked the perimeter of the stores a couple of times more than I had to, but it was way easier than having to do 7,000 at night in a scary kmart parking lot. Oh one more thing Cortney weighed himself today and he has lost 6.5 lbs. YEAH for him. He has never lost weight before. He didn't think he could. I am so happy for him. He now thinks this diet is awesome. (of course he has me cooking all of his meals and deciding what he is going to eat so he gets the easy part!)

1 comment:

Supercords said...

This was a good post. I liked the "waiting for scouts" part. I saved a ton of money at Albertsons too. I already had like 35 boxes of cereal in my pantry, but I bought 10 more just in case. How can I pass up dollar cereal?