Saturday, January 06, 2007

Date night

Cortney and I had date night tonight. My sister watched the kids and we attempted to go see a movie. We didn't want to pay for more than the dollar movie so we went down into Provo. There was a 20 foot line and all of the movies starting soon were sold out. Dang mormons....so cheap. So instead we walked around Costco and then went and ate at Sizzler...I had a 8 oz steak with broccoli and Cortney had a 12 oz. delicious sirloin steak...seasoned to perfection. I was however sitting right next to the bread basket for the salad bar so that was hard. We originally tried to go to outback for the special there but the wait was 2 hours. Its not THAT good. We finished off with a couple (one each) of Rusell Stover's sugar free Chocolate covered toffee (tastes like a heath bar). Yum! Cortney couldn't believe it was only day two. It was so nice though to go out without the kids. We even stopped by the grocery store and checked out their sugar free treats and vegetables. I LOVE DATE NIGHT. My sister and I trade once a week so that we are able to go out. Before we thought we wanted to go together but we don't have a sitter so we never did anything...we figured it would be better to go alone with our spouses than sit around and wait to find a sitter. :) It has been so fun and great for me to get away. When I got home I remembered how much I love my kids...they are so funny and so great.

No comments: