Friday, January 05, 2007

Day 2


Lunch on day 2 Cortney grilled up some chicken while I made the salad. We had lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, red peppers, sunflower seeds and parm cheese. My favorite dressing while on the diet is ceaser with a little pinch of splenda, Cortney even agreed it was yummy.


Here they are Cort's is a bit bigger than mine


So day two has come and is almost gone we had scrambled eggs and turkey bacon again for breakfast (Cortney's request). We had deviled eggs for a mid morning snack (we are starving on this diet). For lunch the salad pictured above. Then after lunch we went to Walmart to get some sugar free goodies. Cort didn't think it would be this hard, he feels okay but really wants snacks. Our kids had a doughnut at walmart and it about killed me, my body seriously ached for the cherry turnovers in the doughnut case. We came back and each had a half of a Morningstar veggie burger. YUMMMMY! I made up a sauce to go on top that made it so yummy. These burgers are a different texture than most things you can eat on this diet. The sauce I made for this is as follows:
In my mini chopper I put
Two big spoons of mayo
5 Cherry tomatoes
1 inch section of a dill pickle
SMALL pinch of splenda
I pulsed the mix untill it was pretty well mixed. We ate it on top of our burgers it tasted like the yummiest (okay that is pushing it but good for this diet) fry sauce. This was one of my favorite things so far definatly different that what you usually get to eat. I will post again what we had for dinner.

2 comments:

Berta said...

You've got some GREAT ideas - the presentation is great too. If you're HUNGRY, you need to eat until your satisfied . . .so, EAT MORE! Can't wait to see what you ate for dinner. Your ideas are giving me inspiration. THANKS. I'll post in the morning - we just got home and I'm cold and tired. Nicole is starting tomorrow - I looked in the frig and she'd gone shopping for all the goodies. We'll keep you posted.

Supercords said...

At least it looks pretty as well as being good for you. I like the reds and greens.