Saturday, January 06, 2007

Day 3



So today we started off with omlets with red peppers, tomatoes, spinach, onions, and mozzerella. accompianed by of course turkey bacon. For lunch we had huge salads (man this does get boring). Cortney had some sugar free Jell-O for a snack and we have been drinking peach fresca's. I actually am not really liking the sugar free treats as much as I did last time. I think it is the after taste it leaves in your mouth. For dinner we had (pictured above) veggie burger, salad and a cabbage soup. We both got full and satisfied. The soup was pretty good, I though happen to love cabbage. It was just nice to have something other than salad and meat. After dinner I took a sugar free fudgcicle and microwaved it for 9 seconds took it off of the stick and mixed it in a bowl with a tsp of peanut butter, then back to the freezer for a while to firm back up. I got this idea from the web I thought it was okay. I think I would have rather just had the peanut butter alone by its self though. I did feel like I had so much energy today though. It just makes you feel good about yourself when you are showing such will power. It makes me feel like I could do anything. I cleaned and cleaned and organized closets all day. Cortney kept wanting to take a break or leave the house but it was great for me. I love having everything cleaned and organized. This time around on the diet is easier for me. I think it is cause Cortney is also doing it and we talk a lot about it. He now knows how hard it is. I still have a headache though. Well that is all for tonight GOODNIGHT.

The recipe for the soup is:

Healing Cabbage Soup

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 quarts water
4 teaspoons low sodium chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1/2 head cabbage, cored and coarsely chopped
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and diced (read labels for one with the least amount of sugars or just use 4 regular tomatoes diced)
DIRECTIONS
In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until onion is transparent, about 5 minutes.
Stir in water, bouillon, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then stir in cabbage. Simmer until cabbage wilts, about 10 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes. Return to a boil, then simmer 15 to 30 minutes, stirring often.

2 comments:

Berta said...

Oh yummmmmm, I want to come to your house - THANKS for the recipe! I haven't had time to blog but I've been 100% - going on my third day now - yeeehaw.

Nicole Montgomery said...

IT's sunday and I am currently on day 2. YEsterday I was like, this is so easy, I can totally do this. Aaaahh. I want goldfish crackers and donuts and snickers and fresh french bread etc. etc. I think the secret is just to stay ahead of the hunger it's when I get hungry that it's so hard. But I do find comfort in my sweet sweet diet coke. Keep posting cause it's totally helping me to know that it's hard for you too... and gives me good ideas!