Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 11

Today...church day. We have church at 1:00 and we still can't make it on time. Sheesh. We really need to get it together. For breakfast I had a fried egg and a piece of turkey sausage. Its all gone now. Sigh. I will have to go to the grocery tomorrow to get some more. Cortney had an omlet and a couple of pieces of turkey sausage. We didn't eat before church so no lunch today. A couple of pieces of gum got me through it though. It was Olivers first day of Sunbeams. I always feel so nervous as I watch him go. He LOVED it. He thought it was funner than nursery. He kept telling me about kids in his class that were bad and that were throwing crayons all over the class. I feel really bad for his teacher...she is just a young girl, and has a real classfull. He did say his best friend in the class was a girl with flowers on her shoes. I think he will do better in sunbeams than in nursery. He couldn't stand the free play time where kids could take whatever toy they wanted from him. After church we were starving but realized that we had to get our recomends signed by someone from the stake. Rob was being the worst I've seen him in a while. He kept hitting his head on the wall on purpose. We decided to brave it though and headed over to the stake center. There were 18 other people in line in front of us. It was an interesting hour. Luckily Cortney...my hero...brought me a sugar free almond roca to munch on while we waited. Dinner was yummy tonight I made a mock chicken cordon blue. I pounded out the chicken so it was skinny and rolled up ham and string cheese in each one (with toothpicks to hold them). I brushed them with a little whole mustard seed mustard and wrapped them in tin foil packets to bake in the oven. I baked 350 degrees for 20 minutes...pretty standard. Then I browned them on the stove top in a little Fresca (you know the sugar free calorie free d-lish pop) just so they would have a little sweetness and get nice and brown on the outside. I topped them with sesame seeds and served with some honey (splenda) mustard I made. It was a couple of big spoons mayo, a couple tsp mustard (the same I used on the chicken), a pinch of splenda, probably a tsp lime juice and a little fresca to make it more liquidy. It was REALLY good. I make something like this in my normal life but it has of course brown sugar and honey, I thought this was just as good. The picture isn't the best. After all day not eating I was STARVED and didn't have time to get a good picture.

1 comment:

Berta said...

Oh yummm! Now that's ingenious - something I wouldn't have 'thunk' of myself. I WANT SOME! Any other instructions on that I would need to know? Thanks for the post - keep em' coming.