Friday, January 19, 2007

BREAD!!!

So woke up this morning with a couple of scrambled eggs and some turkey sausage. Cortney and I hurried and got ready to go to the temple. My cousin had volunteered to babysit for us. We hadn't really cordinated the time very well though we thought she was coming at 10:30 and she got here later than we thought. Anyways Cortney and I hurried to the temple at 11:30 thinking we didn't have time for a session (Cortney had a man date at 2:00) we decided to do some sealings. I haven't been able to do sealings because of my RA, so this was very exciting for me to be on all kinds of drugs that make temple work possible. Going to the temple for us has been hard with my RA no matter what we were doing. I was really stoaked to go, with how good I feel now. Anyways...I am rambling. We got there and it was some stake in Lehi's temple week. There was no room in endowment sessions....no room in sealings and an hour wait for inititory. I couldn't believe it. So Cortney and I instead sat in the front room in the temple and read our scriptures. We are both speaking in church on Sunday (thus the visit to the temple) and we both are kinda drawing a blank on how our talks will go. We have to speak on covenants. After we went to Cali's house, my mom is in town. YEAH! I made us some taco soup which was good we had avocado this time which made it sooo yummy. I have been really grumpy the last two days. Just down in the dumps. This diet is getting to me. I know that while on prednisone I am a couple pounds heavier than I would like. Cali keeps reminding me that it is way better than being crippled. She is so right, I just keep forgetting that. I knew when I went on it it would be harder for me gaining weight and stuff. I also knew it was worth it. I NEED to remember that. In the spirit of remembering that I made my self a delish sandwich on 9 grain bread from Great Harvest. I left off any cheese but loaded it up with veggies and horseradish and pickles (yummy vlassic ones). I don't know if I've ever felt better. For the first time in 17 days I felt satisfied. Oh it was good. I savored every bite. I finally talked myself (with a little help from Cali, Cortney and Roberta) into remembering that whole grain bread is not my enemy but my friend. OH YES IT WAS GOOD. I did 12,000 steps today. I am getting inspired by my sister in law who one day got 18,000 steps. She does a steppin' video every morning and then spends the whole rest of the day on her feet. It has changed the way I think. When I am on the phone I pace around. When I am reading I walk the length of my house. When I am in line I march in place. I zigzag as I walk around to get more steps. My mom told me I was weird. It is true I can tell I make people uneasy with all my walking. People at stores always wonder what my deal is. Little do they know I am walking off the pounds (probably not really but it sure sounds good) I lady today at Costco waited for like 5 minutes for us to get our car loaded and leave so she could have our parking spot close to the front. We have become so lazy that we will wait minutes for a spot 30 feet closer to the door. Man. Oh...heeehee I had one candied almond after dinner. (like the ones from the mall Roberta) Just a tinsy one. YUM.

No comments: