Monday, January 08, 2007

10074

The official count on my pedometer today is 10074. YEAH! I finally got to 10,000. Now to do it I had to go on a walk with the boys, and then after they were asleep I walked around target and then around the parking lot (in the freezing cold) till it was done. I can't believe how much walking 10,000 I walked 4 miles and 2 of them were at target. I decided that I am really going to try to walk 10,000, I mean hey I am already miserable why not add to my misery. I want to make sure I am doing everything I can to lose the weight. So today I woke up with no desire for eggs. I ate my two strips of bacon and had a big glass of water. Then for lunch I had some of my cabbage soup, with grilled chicken breast in it. String cheese for snack with some cashews. I took my kids to the doctor and that sucked all of the energy out of my I BONKED big time. I felt as if I was going to fall off of the chair. Of course I was having to carry BLOBO all over the place they weighed him and he is 26 lbs. I carry him all over the place it is exhausting. Both my kids are okay, unfortunatly. The doctors office is my hell on earth. I hate it, and to leave with no perscriptions sucks. I guess I was looking for a fast fix. Rob has had a cold since christmas. I told Oliver if he let them swab his throat I would get him a treat. Of course the candy store down stairs only took debit payments over 5 dollars, so instead I took him to Carl's Jr's to get a hand scooped strawberry milkshake. It was torture handing it back to him with out having a taste. Plus he didn't even finish it all. I perfectly good shake gone to waste. For dinner I made a recipe from allrecipes.com (they have a southbeach section) it was okay. The recipe is

Gingered Chicken Breast
INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
DIRECTIONS
Combine the lemon juice, ginger, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Place the chicken breasts in a deep bowl. Pour the ginger mixture over the breasts, turning once to coat both sides. Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet on medium-high until hot. Add the chicken. Cook, turning once, until tender, about 8 minutes.

I cooked the chicken in two tinfoil pouches (other reviewers suggestions) in a 350 degree oven for 20 mins. We had it with salad and green beans. The chicken was just chicken to me. But the ginger taste is yummy and not your usual taste.

Good day better than yesterday!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ashley, you are funny! I love reading about your day and how fun dieting is. Keep up the good work and the results will soon pay off.
Love,
Heather