Saturday, October 04, 2008

my 80's dream come true

For the last long time (years) I have wanted a perm. Every time I tell people this they think I am crazy. But...having had really straight hair my whole life...I couldn't stop dreaming of one. So this last weekend...my wonderfully talented sister-in-law agreed to give me a perm. Hahaa. It was so funny buying a perm and telling people you are getting one...and then the smell. I think Nicole described the smell as sausage country gravy thrown up. We had a great (long poor nicole) night of eighties music...and eighties hair. It was funny. But we did it. So far I have only styled it a couple of times...and I am still getting used to it but I think I love it.
This is not me...hahaha...although it does kinda look like my sister Cali. But this picture was my inspiration. I was going for loose, messy wavy curls.

So I thought I would do a picture similar to the inspiration photo...this is funny I know that. Please don't think that I take myself that seriously. I know that I am not a model. Trust me. Because lets be honest I would give almost anything (except giving up delish food and actually having to excercise) to have arms that looked that skinny.
In these pictures I had just woken up and hadn't done anything to it but kinda comb through it. (I need a pick...hahaa isn't that what people with perm's use??)

We'll see how it turns out and how I get used to it. But today when I went out in the rain I didn't have to worry about my hair getting wet. The rain just made it curlier...before the rain was not my friend. So yeah for me, I finally got my wish of a perm.

Oh and by the way. I love conference. Today was awesome. I loved loved Elder Holland's talk. Today has been great. I slept in (we all did...the boys woke up at 9:00) and watched a wonderful session of conference. Then I met my Merrell girls and Cali at Mimi's Cafe and we talked and ate for two whole hours. We could have gone on all day but we all had to be back to watch the afternoon session. Ohhh man there is nothing like eating out with girlfriends, and getting to spend the day cozying up on the couch and listening to modern day scripture, while it rains outside0 (oh and with a new perm...hahaha).

12 comments:

Scott & Tami said...

I totally LOVE your hair!!!

tiff said...

I kept staring at your hair the whole time wondering how you curled it so tight!!! It looked great-too bad that was one of the many subjects we didn't get to today. ps I loved Hollands talk. I cried the whole time. I must have looked funny bawling in my car.

Melissa B. said...

Your hair looks so good! Call me next time you all get together. I know I'm way up here in the boonies! I don't mind the drive.

cort said...

Your hair looks sooo good baby, I love it!

*ethan* said...

i was thinking it would be out of control curly, it looks great. I was thinking that because one time when my brother was like 14 or 15 he got a perm and just kind of ended up with a jew fro'! he still gets angry to this day when i laugh about his perm 14 years ago

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

I think if I were home I would post that pic of you as a child with a perm. Looks great. LOVE MOM

ckweller said...

Oh my gosh I love love your hair!!! I have always had stick straight flat hair and I have always dreamed of hair like your perm too. Maybe if I grew it out I could get enough body with a loose perm to maybe pull it off.

Laura Lei said...

You're hair looks awesome. I love perms. I always wanted a perm like the Merrell girls when I was little. In fact I had 5 perms until it finally worked, it was 1989...what a good year.

Laura Lei said...

You're = Your

SW Portraits said...

LOVE it! Heck, now I want a perm if I could get one to look that good! lol...

SW Portraits said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angelique said...

I always used to get the tight spiral perms when I was younger (at even got one my senior year...ha!) so I was expecting to see a tight spiral when I scrolled down to the picture. I love the loose perm...beautiful! (I still use a pick, too.)