Tuesday, June 08, 2010

takin' it easy

i had to put blankets on all my windows because it is just too sunny in my house for cort to get any sleep.

This here is pretty much what the last couple of days have looked like around here. Cali had the kids Sunday, and Monday...which let me tell you...helped a ton. I can't even imagine what it would have been like if they were here. When I finally did see them they were pretty freaked out. Cali did an awesome job of keeping the description of what happened PG...but I think they realized the longer they were there the worst daddy must be. It was so good to see them again, Henry wouldn't look me in the eyes for like a whole day. Funny baby.

Cortney sits in the recliner 23.75 hours a day. He gets up about 3-4 times to walk to the bathroom (helped by me)...by the time he makes it back to his chair he is exhausted and passes out asleep for a couple of hours. Mostly we are just stuck here in the house. It really has been pretty nice and quiet here.

I have been spending most of my time on the phone. It is amazing how much you have to do when someone hits you with their car. I am on the phone non stop.

My in laws got here Monday afternoon...and it has been SOOO helpful. So nice to have Roberta to hold Henry (who has been a diva since the accident) and to keep my kids out of my hair while I talk on the phone to various insurance agents, hospital staff, friends and family and impound lots. Bob has been doing every errand I have ever needed done. I don't know how single ladies are able to go through life without a man...not to sound weak or anything. Honestly though...my arms are WEAK. There is so much that needs to get done that Cortney CAN'T do and that I can't do. Without Bob here to take care of those things it would probably be months before that stuff got done.

Cortney saw a doctor today and they confirmed our suspicions that Cort needed surgery. His collar bone right now is shaped like a z. It looks crazy. They are putting a metal plate in with 8 or so screws. He is excited to start the healing process. So surgery is sometime tomorrow. Sometime after 9:00 am.

This has been crazy for me because Cortney can't and wont be able to help me for A LONG time. Just taking my 43 lb Rob to the bathroom in the middle of the night is such a pain. And don't even get me started on when he will be able to help even the slightest with Henry. Add that to the fact that the insurance claims is adding a full time desk job to my life...this isn't that sweet for me. No...I am just joking...I am glad to do all these things...especially since it is only temporary and it could have been permanent...thank goodness for Cortney.

So tomorrow surgery. Goodnight, I am exhausted.


Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Hang in there guys. He is alive.

heather D said...

Sounds like a week of busy, craziness. I wish we were closer to help. Cortney will fly through this like a breeze. He doesn't like to sit around much. He will be back holding Henry in no time at all. How exhausting.

Cassidy said...

Wow. I hope the guy who hit had insurance! I'm glad Cort's getting surgery. Bo had that break and they didn't do anything for it. It STILL sticks out and it's been 7 years. Hang in there.

dirty>south said...

thanks for keeping us posted and you are all in our prayers. wow, sitting in that chair all day does not look fun at all.

Gords said...

So much for "One call, that's all".

You're so so blessed he's still in one piece! You're gonna get through this.

Your story really makes me think twice about coming to an intersection on my bike and assuming that the motorists see me.

Stay strong!