Monday, August 13, 2007

uh oh...

Oliver got sad today after playing with his buddy...the catipiller. He came in and sighed and sighed. Then he finally said to me real shy..."I want a pet. I need a pet". Poor kid. I am afraid it will be too easy for him to convince me...you should have seen his face. The thing is...I can't stand dog hair. Dogs also kinda freak me out. (don't even get me started with the night time barking...or the potty training) When we had our dog mini it wasn't too bad because she was a little one...and we didn't have kids yet. But a dog is such a huge commitment...I am not ready to buy something that will still be around when Oli goes on his mission. Ahhh...but aren't little boys supposed to have dogs?? ( I know my parents are screaming NOOOO as they read this) Plus it is such a pain to find a dog sitter when we go on vacation. I am talking myself out of it. I wish a cat could play fetch with Oli and follow him around the yard. A cat seems like way less of a commitment. Oh well Cortney and I are both allergic to cats anyways.

9 comments:

Samantha said...

go for a goldfish!

Kim said...

We got a dog last summer, and, although he is cute and really good dog, I'm kind of over it. They are a lot of work. Aaron is the one who wanted the dog, so I told him he had to be the one to take care of it. Fortunately, he has followed through. But, it takes a lot...I'm glad it's not me.

Berta said...

Ash,
We went up and visited Heather last night and saw some of the pics of Max's off-spring! ! ! ! They have some females left and they are beautiful ! ! ! Have Heather send you a picture. They are half Wymer and half chocolate lab - gorgeous. There ya go - perfect for a couple 'crazy' Boice boys!

Angie said...

be strong.

BRIAR said...

Hey Ashley. I loved those videos! So so funny,
I need your address. Will you call me with that, or email me it? Thank you thank you.

Earl Family said...

Ash -I have to agree with Samantha. Our goldfish are the greatest pets! You could always get pregnant - when my kids ask if we can get a dog I just respond with "No! We are getting a baby instead" :)

::lindsay said...

Carson begs for a dog all the time. Part of me thinks that little boys should have one, but the smarter part of me thinks, "NO WAY!!" Dogs are so much work. If they aren't properly trained they are soooo annoying. It is seriously like raising another kid.

Crisdee said...

do you have a big backyard...? maybe you could have an outside dog... don't let it in your house, that would be a little easier.. I don't know... I'm trying to convince Jared to get a dog and he won't let me, maybe because he knows I'm not up for the task... and he'll end up taking care of the dog and 2 kids.. hehe I love dogs, but they are a whole lot of work!!!

Supercords said...

Under no uncertain terms should you get a dog or cat. Or any animal with hair for that matter. Stick with fish, or maybe a turtle.

Shane