Saturday, August 04, 2007

mouse in the house

First I have to start off with...My mom and dad's house is beautiful. It is super clean and I grew up in a house that was CLEAN all of the time. There was nothing ever out or dirty. Secondly I have to say when you live out in the country there are mice. Tonight Cali and I had a run in with one.

We put our kids down super early and headed down to the movie theater. We were going to watch the Bourne Ultimatum, but it was sold out so instead we watched Hot Rod. Once that was over we went (we paid of course) to see the Bourne Ultimatum's late showing. Ohhhh I love going to the movies. It is so much fun. Once we were home (pretty late 12:30) I was going to the bathroom and a little mousy ran across the floor. I HATE MICE. I am not scared of spiders or snakes. But mice freak me out. So Cali and I immediately went into action. We got it trapped in a closet loaded with a mouse trap. Sure enough after like 5 minutes I heard the mouse trap flip and I ran in there it was dead as a door nail. I felt so bad killing it like that. But what can you do?? It had to go.

Here Cali and I are ready to get rid of the thing. It was freaky. Cali had already gone to bed so she came up in a blanket. We both kept spooking each other. Oh well at least it is dead now. I can't help but think about Fival from American Tale. I always think maybe this mouse is just trying to get to his family. hahaa

Ohhh I also wanted to say that...too bad, so sad I am going home tommorrow. The good part is that I am FLYING. YEAH!! My sister found out her husband has to go to London for work next wednesday so she is going with him and leaving her kids here. Then she will fly back and stay until the Earl Family Reunion on the 16th. I didn't want to be away from Cort that long so I am heading home in the morning. It will be so different flying than driving. 2 hours instead of 13! Cortney is in a huge golf tournament so my brother Justin is picking me up. Thanks brother. I will say that after two weeks of being here I watched 5 movies in the theater. YEah. I didn't however ever see the Hardy's (we tried to go over and no one was home...they came over and we were gone...that kind of thing) I also didn't see my bestest friends Sean and Amber. Everyone in the Merrell family was up for a reunion and then they were all sick as a dog. Sad. I will however be back in two weeks. So I can do some visiting then. I hope.

5 comments:

Kennedy said...

Ashley, That is too funny about the mouse. I too hate them i actually hate anything that is small and crawls except babies!! sounds like you have a great time home. keep up the blogging i love looking at your site its always filled with fun adventures. Erin

Anonymous said...

you are so funny, I love to read your blog because you always have really good stories to tell.
I also think that your husband is super hot and I want to get with him in a romantic manner!

mumovearls said...

OMGOSH I HATE mice I would have freaked out and set a bunch of traps anyways you are so lucky to be so close with your sisters. see you in a couple weeks-nena

Kim said...

Wow, it looks like you have an anonymous stalker. You better tell Cort about this. He may be concerned.

It sounds like you guys had such a fun time in ML. It will be great to see you soon.

amber said...

ash, i'm so sad we didn't get together either, I was soooooo sick thursday, friday, and saturday, we did have a really good visit last night with your fam, can't wait until you come back.