Saturday, August 25, 2007

Super fun day

I started off the day going at 7:30 to wake up our new MiaMaid...the whole class went and then we went to the other leader's house for breakfast. It was yummy and fun. It was a little hard for me to wake up so early, I am definatly not used to that. Right when I got home we got the kids dressed and headed up to Provo Canyon to meet Todd and Tiffany. They had invited us to go four wheeling with them. Ohh it was soo fun. We love them! Cortney and I get along with both so well. Anyways...each adult had their own four wheeler...I was pretty nervous. To be honest I am not a very good driver of those kinds of things. I went to silverwood once in highschool and they had to come and tow me back in on the bumper boat ride...because I couldn't figure out how to steer the boat. Really since then I have been happy enough to just ride with someone. But today with all of the kids I had to drive. If I do say so myself...I did awesome. I loved every minute of it. Of course we weren't going on crazy trails...not with 5 kids but we did go through water a couple of times. Oli was pretty scared. It was beautiful and soo much fun. How lucky are we to have such amazing mountains here??

A little disclaimer about the following pictures. Cortney sold his camera this week and is getting the Nikon d200, which is currently on back order. So we went from having a sweet professional camera to having a camera phone. I still wanted to post these...they aren't too bad.
Me and Oli. He really wanted to ride with Cort...he didn't trust me. About halfway through he started relaxing and then loved it.
Me and Oli in front...Rob is on the one behind us and Tiffany and her two oldest on the very farthest. Rob and Oli wore bike helmets...I figured it was safer than nothing.

When we got home from our excursion we were all COVERED in dirt. I put the kids in the bath and I swear Rob is trying to do as many poop surprises for me as he can. He pooped in the tub!!! I couldn't believe it. I have never had a kid do this before. Oli never even would pee in the tub. Ohhh that was a fun one to clean up. I am sorry if this is a little to graphic...but hey its my blog I'll do what I want to.



After everything calmed down and we were all clean we headed up to Draper for our friends annual Chili party. The hosts were Ben and Briar and there were tons of old friends there. We didn't know everyone but we still had a great time. The food was so good and so was the company. Our kids were pretty good too, so that was a plus.

10 comments:

ali said...

I am dying at the poop in the tub. That image has been forever burned into my memory because of one time we were staying with Troy's sister and I went to get in the shower and hidden underneath some bubbles from a recent kids bath, were little pieces of poo. Oh sick. I was damaged forever. Somehow it's probably not that gross when it's your own kid.

::lindsay said...

Ha! That's funny! It's the worst to have to clean it up in the bath tub. Kaiya's done that every once in a while.

ashleyboice said...

I was still pretty grossed out even though it was my own kid. I am sure it would have been worse though it it was someone elses.

Scott & Tami said...

Dude, I just cleaned that poop up the other week. Both my kids have done that....it doesn't get any easier...so nasty!!

The Clark said...

once when ana was little she was in the tub and i heard her screaming for me so i ran in thinking she was near death. she was standing in the corner freaked out at the "dinosaur" (poop) in the tub...

Kim said...

Elsie has already done this once to me. All I could do was laugh. Kids are gross, aren't they?!

Heidi said...

Looks like a fun day!! I bet the boys loved it! As for the poop in the bath, I'm sure we've all been there done that with many more to come, haha!! Crazy kids!

Berta said...

HOLY CRAP! . . .well, you know what I mean! ! ! !

Angie said...

poor oli.

ashleyboice said...

That is exactly what I thought...poor Oli.