Thursday, August 23, 2007

Summer fun

School started this week (not for anyone in my family....although I really felt like we needed to go school shopping). Summer is nearly over. I am ready for the fall and winter time. I looooove the fall. I can't help but feel giddy when the nights turn cold and the leaves start to fall. It's like I can smell football in the air. I love BYU football. Ohhh can't wait. The fall is also the beggining of all of the great holidays. Plus...Cortney isn't working all of the time like he is in the summer. Already this week he started going in at 6 a.m. instead of 5 a.m. We did have a fun summer though. Here are some pictures of the boys playing in the back yard.

I love this picture of Oli running. He is so athletic.
He was really into running through the sprinkler...Cortney was home early and I think he was showing off for his dad. I have started to really be amazed at my grown up Oli. His little hands are exactly the same now as when he was a baby. Is that a weird thing to think?? I have been thinking it a lot lately. He is so grown up. He helps me so much. Every morning he says..."I can hear brother...can I go get him out of his bed?" When he goes in Robbie always screams "Brother!!!" and I get to hear them say all kinds of cute things over the monitor. It is hard for me to believe that Oli is closer in age to my MiaMaids than I am. Wow.
Cute.
I undressed Rob and made him stand in the sprinkler (mean mom...I know)...the next picture is his reaction to me making him stand in it...
it wasn't his thing.


I also stole some pictures from my cousin myca's blog...I didn't have any from the reunion and I loved these ones.
Egg toss...I love this picture...Oli standing with his little baby hands waiting for me to throw him the egg. Rob grabbed his own egg when we started the game and he kept throwing it to no one the entire game...his didn't break either until the end when he threw in on the cement.
Here is Oli after he won with his 2 dollar bill and his egg.

One last note before I go to bed. Today was one of those "I love being a mom" days. Rob was screaming in his bed a little while after I put him down. I went down there and his room smelled bad. I sighed looked at him and then realized he didn't have a diaper on. I screamed at the top of my lungs. Which startled him (imagine that) and he slowly started to cry and covered his face with his hands. He pooped and took his diaper off. I couldn't believe it. Lucky me. I knew I shouldn't put him to bed without shorts on...what was I expecting??? Man...of course he had piled every blanket into his crib too. So after a bath and A FULL load of laundry...I put him down again. This time with pants on. You know...even with "surprises" like the one I had waiting for me today...it sure beats working.

2 comments:

Adri said...

haha. Myleigh's done that before. She managed to get the poopy diaper off without unbuttoning the onesie she was wearing.

Cute pictures. I love fall as well. I love breaking out my fall "wardrobe" (which consists of a few pairs of jeans and a couple of long sleeved shirts - it's fun anyway to wear different clothes).

Kim said...

I need you to pass along some of that love of football to me.