Friday, June 15, 2007

unexpected event

Rob hates the water. He doesn't like to swim, he doesn't like the bath. If he loses a toy in the bath he won't try to crawl to get it he is just frozen in terror. A couple days ago Cali and I took Oliver and Jack to swim lessons, and in true Earl girl form we were at the wrong pool waiting for the teacher. We thought we had signed up for private swim lessons at the Orem Rec Center but instead they were at the scera pool. Well anyways there we were with kids dressed to swim and no teacher. After we realized what happened we headed home and Cali's Jack was yelling all sorts of mean things to us. I could understand he thought we were going swimming so he was REALLY dissapointed. He is so funny when he gets mad because he just lets loose. It takes a lot for him to actually lose his temper but when he does...it is so funny. Anyways we felt bad and went and bought a little kiddie pool. Over the past 4 years we have bought every kind of baby pool there is trying to find the best kind and also trying to avoid the hard plastic ones that scrape your shin when you get in. After all these years and a whole lotta pools that were worthless, (I am sorry but those blowup ones are impossible) we bought a plastic pool the kids have been loving it. Kids meaning everyone but Rob. As I mentioned he doesn't like to swim. Occasionally I will force him in and he will cling to me in a death grip screaming trying to climb up me out of the water. So imagine my surprise today when he swam. We were all hanging out outside (cali and her kids and I) and Rob just climbed in the pool. Clothes and all. He stayed and swam for an hour. Crawling around...putting his face in...laying on his tummy. I couldn't resist I had to grab a camera. I don't usually take pictures of my kids in their birthday suits. I don't know why...I just don't. So I tried to keep any privates out of view in these. It was amazing. I was thinking I was going to have to be tortured through another session of Mommy and me swimming lessons. I took them with Oliver and decided I would pay 30 dollars to not have to get in a swimming suit...and into a freezing cold swimming pool. So phewww...no mommy and me. Rob is officially a fish.

I don't know why he is eating his foot.

1 comment:

Berta said...

R.O.B.er-B.O.B.er . . . your pool water looks a lot like Grandpa's hottub water ! ! !

Ash, LOVE THE PICTURES - how adorable is 'this kid' . . .or what. Thanks for blogging the details.