Thursday, June 28, 2007

cortney

cortney is threatning to get his "own" blog. He kept wanting me to put on a picture of a fish he caught with a spear gun, but I didn't. Lazy me.... Anyways this entry is dedicated to him and the things he loves.
Cortney's number one thing he loves is ME.
I guess this blog IS about things he loves. When I was marrying him my friend Jenn told me "You are going to have to come to terms with the fact that he will always love the outdoors more than you" I think it might have been true for a while too. But now I know...I am number one...or maybe a three way tie...me, the kids and the outdoors. No, I am number one.

Number 2
Our kids. I love having kids with Cort. I think it is the best thing we have done together so far.
When I was at girls camp Cortney was the best Mr. Mom. Here are the kids when he took them to Cabela's. It rained super hard on this day so he didn't have to work. How fun for them. It was his first time watching them overnight. Cali said he would have them dressed so nice every morning. They would both have shoes on and socks. Which is more than I usually do.

Number 3
Snowboarding...he loves it...enough said.
Here is Cortney doing a road gap. He jumped from one side of the road to the other right over that tahoe. I don't know if you can see him in this picture or see how big of a jump it is but it scared the living daylights out of me. I am never around him when he is snowboarding and actually doing tricks. When we go together he just goes slow so I can keep up. We were at a friends cabin and they built this and I was the one taking the picture. I was seriously having a heart attack the whole time I was waiting for him to come down the hill. I didn't like it. It was a cool picture though.
Here is a picture of him doing some trick he photoshoped the whole trick in the picture. That is why you see him three times. Haahahaa do I need to explain that...I am not sure.
Here is the picture he is famous (in Rexburg...hahaaa) for. Every couple of years it is in the newspaper there. This was before we were married. I would be ticked if he tried that today. I do love the picture and he does too. It reminds him that he used to be quite the dare devil. Now though he is pretty conservative, 2 kids does that to a person I guess.

Number 4...
I asked him and he doesn't know. He loves so many things. I think if he had friends here that kayaked or biked it would be one of those things. Now he spends his time fishing...golfing...thinking about his samurai...and of course working.

Today he got to go up in a helicopter to take pictures of the golf course. He loves taking pictures. And he really loves his job. Here is a picture from the helicopter.
Cortney has been working at this golf course since the first seed of grass was planted. He loves this place. It is his baby. He and his friend Brian are in charge of all the grounds at Sleepy Ridge. It is the most beautiful place. Everytime I go down there I am so proud of him.
I feel so glad that Cortney loves his job. That doesn't happen all the time so we are lucky. It is great for him to be able to see all his hard work pay off when the course looks so beautiful. Plus...he gets to see the sunrise every morning (well maybe that isn't much of a plus).

Here is the picture he wanted me to post. He caught this fish with a spear gun. I am sorry to any animal activists. There are so many of these fish at the golf course that they have to get rid of a lot of them anyways. He really is an animal lover. But look at his face he is oh so happy. He goes fishing almost everyday at lunch. They have a little canoe with a trolling motor on it. You might also notice the funny thing around his neck. I am always so worried about him being too hot. So I bought him a neck cooler, hahaa...it is filled with gel crystals that soak up water and as the water evaporates it keeps you cool. He looked like he was from the village people when he wore it for the first time. I love it.

5 comments:

amber said...

ash you look sooo gorgeous in that picture, it took my breath away, sean and I loved all of corts pictures, sean wanted me to tell you (cort) that he drew a wyoming deer tag with Todd for Oct. 1, hey this is sean, i am taking over. you need to consider coming along with us, we need a good photographer. I also drew an antelope tag in SW Wyoming as well. We got the Region K tag for deer on our 2nd choice. I got some private ground to hunt on down there and we are looking for more. I will talk to you about it later. Sean

Laura Lei said...

Why can't I have hair like you? I totally agree with Amber, you look gorgeous. I love all the pictures. I cannot believe that wild Rexburg jump. If I were Cort I would have that blown up poster-size to show off to all my friends. Of course, I can only dream...I am so uncoordinated.

Berta said...

Nice blog, Miss Blogger! I love the pictures. I looked at the first photo and said, "Who is that?" After looking at some of those pictures I was thinking,'I'm glad I didn't know HALF of everything Cort did in high school!' The golf course looks amazing, amazing, amazing - he should be PROUD as a papa over that achievement. The boys look adorable - Cort IS the BEST daddy ever and you're the BEST mommy for these kids. Thanks for the GREAT pics and sharing. Loved it!

cherie said...

Wow. I'm with everyone else. You look great in that picture ashley. Your hair is so long!

Supercords said...

Great photos. Tell Cort I think he should get his own blog. The more the better.