Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

In my life I am surrounded by A LOT of great fathers. My own DAD and my FATHER IN-LAW whom I love more than life itself...my own dear HUSBAND, my brothers, my brothers in laws. All GREAT DADS!! I am so greatful to have my 2 dads.
Here we have Robert Boice and Robert Boice. I always laugh at having a kid with the same name as Bob...I love it though. It is a perfect name for him (they are both quite the trouble maker) and I hope that my little Robert Boice can live up to the name. They are some pretty big shoes to fill. My father in Law has always been so great to me. He always welcomed me into the family. He is so generous and he LOVES his children. I think he would do anything for us. I love him.
Here is my dad and Robbie. My dad and I are a lot alike. He gets me. When I was dating Cortney, Cortney said to me "man...I have never met a girl that talks about her DAD so much" I love my dad. He is my HERO. My parents are getting ready to go on a mission. I don't know how I will live without them.

And then of course there is Cortney...my boys dad. He is the best. I don't want to be cheesy or gooey...I am not really like that but...He is the best he really is. He does so much for all of us. Everyday he hurries home from work because he wants to be with us. He works SOOO hard in the HOT sun everyday, so I can stay home with my kids. When I was really sick with my RA he took care of all of us. He had to do almost everything. I couldn't pick Robbie up in the night...it was physically impossible for me to do. He would get up and get him and bring him to me to eat. He would help me hold him while I nursed. And then after a night of no sleep he would wake up at 4:30 in the morning to go to work. I couldn't have gotten through it without him and he never complained once. Even now as we speak he is bathing the kids while I write on my blog. On Father's Day when he shouldn't have to do anything. I LOVE HIM. My boys are so lucky. What a great example he is for them...and he is so fun too!!
I have a real limited library of pictures of cort. They are mostly pictures he is taking of himself with a new mustache. Or maybe a couple here and there of him with a fish or a deer. This what I could find

1 comment:

Berta said...

What a GREAT tribute and GREAT pictures. Indeed, a GREAT heritage! Thanks for this blog and your thoughts - I totally agree with you, sweetie!
Love, MomBerta