Friday, June 22, 2007

Oli's 4th b-day

A long long time ago in a galaxy far away (well actually one block down the road) a little jedi was born. Hahaa Oli had his 4th birthday party today. His actual birthday is on Sunday but since we can't have a sweet party on Sunday we celebrated today. He of course had a DARTH VADER theme.
I LOOOOOVED these masks is there anything funnier than a baby in a darth mask? I don't think so. I only invited Oli's cousins that live here. It is still a lot of kids. Brooklyn, Tyson, Zac, Jack, (front row) Oli, Rob, Carolina, and Eliza...she doesn't have a mask on TOO scared. We told her she could be princess Leia.
Oliver got up this morning and had to dress in all black. He wanted to look like he was darth. (that is why he isn't dressed super cute for his party)
We started the night of as most good parties should, with a dance contest. I of course downloaded a whole bunch of star wars music and weird al star wars parodies for party music. Here is Rob going crazy. I love jack in the backround, he is REALLY dancing.
My nephew Zac doing some impressive ground work.
Some of the adults laughing.

After dancing we played..."Obi-Wan says" followed by "Yoda may I" then we were on to present opening, by far Oli's favorite part of the night.
Legos...the perfect gift I love them. From Cali's family.
Opening a book and flashlight from my grandma.
Cortney and I bought Oli a power wheel back in February it was on major clearance at Costco (more than half off) it has been so hard to not give it to him. It has just been sitting down stairs. I thought it was too big a thing to just get for no reason. The only down side of course is it is a Dora one so it looks a little girly but hey...it goes 5 mph. It should be fun. ANyways in this picture I am trying to get his reaction as Cortney brought it in. The only thing was he had no reaction. He just stared at it in disbelief. It was funny.
Here he looks a little happier though.

I decorated the house with red and black crate paper. The only problem was the kids are so short I don't have 1 picture of the decorations. Ohhhhhh. I am so sad. The whole ceiling was covered. We also had a million red balloons everywhere. Oh well.
I made really cute cupcakes but just like the decorations...no pictures. Here you can see though, they were dark brown (as close as I could get to black frosting) then I bought some little space ships and put one on each cupcake. (you can see the ship in Oli's hand) Each kid had a different one and they kept asking me which were good ships and which were bad.
We got some sparkler candles. I had some cute pictures of Oli trying to blow them out...but I LOVE Rob in the back round of these acting so surprised.
and of course messy rob. He loved the party. I thought he looked like Don ROberto from spain with this beard.

It was a great day. Birthdays are sooooo overated. Oli thought it was awesome though. I am listing what he got because this is my journal and I love to read what I got at birthday's or Christmas and my dad wrote it down sometimes. I am not writing it down to brag to you all. If that is bragging....I don't know.

From Cali and Joe and kids...Lego Bucket.
From Mike D...Nerf gun.
From KaeLynn and Jason (Jason bought this...I thought it was so cute and considerate)....Nerf dart gun, and Nerf basket ball hoop (the kind that go on doors)
From Grandma Connie...a tee ball mit and a base ball (plus church shirts, jersey shorts...and tons of other things)
From Aha...A cute Noah's Ark book with action figures, and a flashlight. Oli loves flashlights.
From mom and dad....dora power wheel.

Man, I tried not to invite friends just family. We are a huge family. I fed sloppy Joes and Rootbeer floats to 18 people.

8 comments:

Berta said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I wish we would have known you were partying EARLY, we would have called. Looks SO fun and what cute decorations (masks) and theme. PERFECT! We'll call Sunday and SING our little hearts out. . .I'm sure that will make a BIG impression! Love you guys - miss being near you ESPECIALLY at these important times. Love you!
Mom/GrandmaBerta

Heather said...

Can you believe this little cute thing is going to be 4 years old. Holy smokes times sure flies. We will call you guys tomorrow. Carson and Kelton would love to sing happy birthday to their good buddy Oli. They talk about him constantly. Cute party!

Samantha said...

thanks for posting so many pictures. it makes me feel like i'm still in the loop even when i'm not there.

Laura Lei said...

I love the darth vader theme. It reminds me of my childhood. I think Nate or Matt had a Star Wars birthday...it was probably both of them. Anyway....

Happy Birthday Darth Oli!!

mumovearls said...

I love it I wish i could see a picture of the decorations but your cupcakes were totally adorable Birthdays are fun!-nena

Supercords said...

Don't let me forget, I have a little birthday gift for Ollie the next time we have a get together. I'm not in the habit of getting presents for friend's kids, but seeing all that Darth Vader stuff made me remember something I have laying around.

Shane

Earl Family said...

Ash - the party was wonderful. Thank you for that. My kido's are still talking about it and they lover their masks. It was a great evening - thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I just had to say I love the party theme. Within the last month Malcolm has discover Star Wars and he loves it. His birthday is this Sunday and he's wanting Star Wars and Ninja Turtle stuff. Looks like the birthday was a blast!! Very creative!