Monday, June 11, 2007

A letter to Mom and Dad

So the girls got letters from their parents. Some of the leaders got them from their husband's, I got neither. But I did write one to my parents while they were reading and writing. And since of course I will NEVER send it (too lazy). I thought I would post it here.

Mom & Dad...
June 8th 2007

So I am up here @ girls camp. It snowed 12 inches the first full day we were here. It was 24 degrees the next morning. I can't believe I am here and...I was one of the only leaders that wasn't crying to go home. Instead I just kept telling everyone "We can do hard things" & making sure everyone was happy. I am not trying to toot my own horn...but instead I wanted to tell you both Thank You. Thanks for turning me into the STRONG woman I am today. Thank you for making me into a POSITIVE woman and for teaching me to participate no matter how COLD it is. Mostly though for helping me build a strong testimony. I had faith that the stake priesthood knew we were supposed to stay up here. And that comes from what you taught me. I love you guys.

Ashley Earl Boice

P.s. Everyone is reading letters from their parents...where's mine??? :)

No comments: