Tuesday, June 19, 2007

eight years

Cortney and I have been married 8 years today. WOW. That seems like forever, but it has gone by so fast. You would think after 8 years together we would have a picture of us without kids. I don't have a scanner and we got a digital camera after Oli was born. So of the files I have to put on the blog that are in our computer here we are...in mazatlan...with Oli. (hey at least we are both in the picture)


I have made it my goal now to always get a shot of just Cortney and I. I know Cali has some on her camera just like I have plenty of pictures of her and Joey. Anyways...

As I woke up this morning my wedding day 8 years ago. I immediatly thought of 4 of my best girlfriends. On the night before my wedding I shared the queen bed with Missy Heslop and Laura Hardy. Amber and Tiffany Merrell slept on the floor. They spent the night for the last time as girlfriends and roomates that night. Ohh I love them. It was so nice to have them there. None of them were married yet so they weren't at the wedding but they helped me get ready and were waiting outside. I don't know why I thought of my best girlfriends as I woke up this morning I just did. Cortney and I were married at 11:47. My Grandpa Earl always used to watch for the exact time that people were sealed. My mom said she had never seen me that happy.

I don't really know what to say. I was so young when I got married. I feel so greatful and blessed (not to mention lucky...I was only 19, did I know what I was doing???) that I married Cortney. He is a perfect match for me. Since we did marry so young we were able to go 4 years before we had children. I am also greatful for that time that we got. We did so many fun and crazy things in those times. I also will say I am greatful for Cortney...for who he is. He LOVES me so much. I am not bragging...it is just the truth and it is a wonderful quality that he has. It doesn't matter how I look or what I do he still is head over heels for me. He has never yelled at me. Not when I backed into his car, not when I am acting grumpy...never. I feel so safe with him. I am also so greatful for the opportunity to have a family with him. What could be better than being surrounded by little boys that look and act like the love of your life???

So that is it...it has been 8 years. We have done so much and he is still my best friend. I am pretty proud of us for being such a great couple. Hahahaa. I don't know how that sounds but it is the truth.

10 comments:

Samantha said...

I can't believe it's been 8 years. i'm so happy you married cort because he really is perfect for you.

Alisha Marlatt said...

Ash, That was a very sweet blog. I remember being at your reception and I remember thinking how young we were. I wasn't even CLOSE to being married and it was hard for me to imagine my friends all getting married. I'm so glad that you are happy and that you have a loving husband!

amber said...

ash, we were so wierd back then, (actually, I guess I still am), tiff, missy, laura and I stayed in your new married apartment and spent all day making up a dance for you, to bad we had the music full blast and almost got you evicted, laura and I cried in the car waiting for you to get out of the temple, you were the first to leave our little group, in fact it makes me sad just thinking about it, we thought things would never be the same but its like old times every time i see you. (except for the five kids hanging around us) amber

Berta said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU GUYS! Can't believe it either. Love you so much and happy you're still hangin' out!
Love, Mom

Berta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

I am so proud of you both.

The Clark said...

dude, that is awesome. seriously i am sooo stoked for you guys. i am also happy that you realize what a great husband you have. i hate it when women don't understand when they have wonderful partners. glad you get it. cort-you are such a groovster. you too ash. you guys are DARLING!!

Heather said...

Happy anniversary! Wow you guys are old timer farts. You have been married for ages. I can't believe that you have been able to put up with my brother for so many years. He is a lucky man to have such a hotty wife. Happy day.....say hi to my bro for me.
wuv, heather

Berta said...

Come and see one of your 'pre-children' pics at my blogster-house!

khepworth said...

Hi Guys! Congrats! Glad I found your blog. You guys are awesome. And the cutest couple ever!
Kanani