Sunday, June 17, 2007

a day in the park...

I got a kite on clearance at target and we have been waiting for a nice windy day to fly our kite. Today was the day. So I remember being a kid and going with my mom to the park in pelican point and trying to fly a kite. I have never had a kite that actually flew. This one that I got for 2 bucks did. We had a great time.
Even little Rob could keep this in the air. He would chase the kite while holding the string it was really funny. He never caught the kite (needless to say).
Cortney always takes the pictures and is never in them so I snapped a couple...this is the only one that was in focus.



All in all a great day!

So there have been a million things going on and I always forget to blog them. I have been posting so much lately too that I always think...man I think I am posting TOOOOO much. Oliver started summer camp. It has been the best thing ever. It is through Orem parks and rec and he goes mon-thurs from 10-12 for three weeks. He is doing it with his cousin Jack which helps. I don't know if I could send him alone. He loves it and it is the first time he has been away from me at something besides church. He is having the time of his life. Everyday he is dressed and ready to go with a back pack on before I even wake up. He is growing up so fast. He is also in swim lessons. They didn't have any sessions left when we signed up so Cali and I decided to do semi private. So it is just him and jack and they are learning so much. He also finally lost his toenail on thursday. It was scary or as he said "freaky".

On Saturday we had Todd and Tiffany (Merrell) Davis and kids over for a BBQ it was really fun. Our kids played great and we actually got to have adult conversation. We ended the night with a hillarious round of Dance Dance Revolution. Cortney was the champ. He is good at that thing. Man youv'e never seen feet move so fast. I loved it.

Also my brother Justin is engaged to Angelique Christensen!!! Yeah. We are so excited and we love her. They are getting married July 21st. Here is a picture Cortney took of them.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Ashley I love your life!

and I love the pictures and Justin and Angelique look awesome.

ali said...

cortney is quite the photographer! i just love seeing your pictures. my fave...the one of you sitting with one of your boys flying the kite with the sun glistening in the background. very nice. fun read, ash.

Alisha Marlatt said...

I definitely don't think you write too much! I check all the site everyday, and I love to read them. Don't stop! Now all I need to do is write more and have interesting things to say!

Supercords said...

Tell Cort his pictures are amazing. Some of the best work I've seen from him lately.

Shane