Wednesday, June 27, 2007

rice krispies

I love to cook. I am good too. Hahaaa. I don't bake very often though. I am not one of those people that has a cookie jar full of goodies. Today I realized why. On Saturday I stopped by target and I was starving. I bought every kind of chocolate chip I could...thinking...I am going to start making more cookies. I also loaded up my cart with rice krispies and marshmallows. Today my children and I (mostly I) ate a whole batch of rice krispie treats. I fed them dinner and lunch but in between it was just a million rice krispie treats. I would try to sneak one so they wouldn't see me eating because I knew I would have to share...but I swear R.O.B. can smell food a mile away. So that is why I don't make treats. I don't need us eating dessert all day long. Especially when buttered bread is what I eat for breakfast lunch and dinner. No sir I don't need dessert.

I am having a very weird day. I don't know exactly why but it has been weird. Maybe it is because Cali and I didn't get together. And it was just me and Rob while Oli was at summer camp. Which by the way I loved....Rob is the best one on one. He is so funny. I can't wait until he can talk. He has lots to say I can tell already. Weird day. Cortney is sick. We have been passing the stomach flu around here. It is horrible because we love having fun and we can't resist being with our friends and family so in turn everyone gets sick. So Cort was home today. Oliver said "mom, Cort is a girls name." I told him to tell his daddy that. He said "I heard him tell Byron (Our funny old neighbor) that Cort was a girls name". Cort said that to Byron almost a year ago. Oliver has the best memory. So because Cort was home we tried to play outside so the kids wouldn't bother him. When he is home all they want to do is fight him and Rob kept trying to body slam him right in the stomach. So our yard is the BEST. We have 3 huge trees so our yard is shaded the whole day. I just layed in the back and read. My kids played in the baby pool and drove Oli's four wheeler around me. Rob loves to drive it but he doesn't understand that he is the one controlling it. Sometimes if he holds it just right he will go around in circles, and he will do it forever. Our grass will die I am sure from the circle he made today. He was going for like 15 minutes straight. He ran my leg over...ran my book over...and ran into the house a number of times. HE LOVES IT. It was fun playing outside. Rob put two towels in the pool. He would put it in the pool and then cry because it was too heavy for him to carry. I would run in and get anther one...for the whole thing to be repeated. They would come and lay their little wet bodies on me or try to snuggle me so by the time we went in I was just as wet as they were. I did finish my book. I love reading. Well that is all. Now it is time for me to clean up. It doesn't matter how much I clean how many hours it takes. My kids can have the whole house messy in the 5 minutes it takes for me to roll out of bed in the morning. I swear that is the most annoying thing as a mom. I just want my house to be clean.

No comments: