Sunday, September 02, 2007

finally

And so it is finally here...the start of another BYU football season. Yay!!! And to start it off with a win that makes it even better. I will say I always miss Emily and Jared Palkenski when the season starts. It isn't the same without you guys here. I am looking forward to this season. I really need to go get my kids more BYU clothes because when I went to get them all BYU'd up this morning I really had a hard time finding something for them to wear. Being a BYU fan really makes living here fun. I love seeing all of the Y flags up on game days. Feels good. BYU football was SUCH a part of my childhood....it really was. In fact my dad was here today for the game, Joey hooked him up with tickets standing by the players...man he is so lucky.
Running back Harvey Unga produced 194 yards of total offense and two touchdowns in the Cougars' 20-7 win over Arizona. (BYU Photo, Mark Philbrick)

And to all of you non football fans...don't worry I won't blog about every game. Well I might blog about the food we had while watching the game...that sounds way more likely.

12 comments:

The Clark said...

oh i totally love to watch byu games too. it's my favorite thing ever.

okay, that was a lie. i just want to get invited to eat your food. there's always good food for sporting events. i can fain interest in the game...

mumovearls said...

GO BYU I watched ti with ryan and dad we are off to lysha's wedding this week

Samantha said...

i knew you were going to post about the start of the season too. haha

emily said...

Can I just say how sad I am to not be there too? But we managed to get a party together at our house, and I was just narrowly able to stop Jared from buying "Fully Invested" t-shirts for everyone that came! But boy am I happy that they started broadcasting the games on versus (the same channel that produces the tour de france, I might add) because we were SO out of the loop last year. I must admit that I didn't watch much of this first game though...you know how it goes with kids...but the spirit of the Y is its own presence. GO COUGS!!!

miss you...

emily said...

BTW, do you want to look at Wal-Mart for any $5 BYU T-shirts for the girls? obviously they don't have a BYU section in ours....

::lindsay said...

Sounds like the whole family loves BYU football, starting with your Grandma. Jared went to the game and said it was lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm.....GO UTES!!!!

I'm red through and through and can't imagine you're a blue.

LC

ashleyboice said...

Candice...I am true blue through and through. I didn't even want to get my treatment at the University of Utah Hospital...that is how blue I am. (my brother, and sister in law that just got married had a no red rule at their wedding...hahaa)

Emily...I will let you know if I see any BYU shirts for little ones.

dirty>south said...

some stupid little kid shook up a bottle of 7-up right behind me and then opened it. but, other than that, the game was off the heezay!

Cindy said...

Hi Ashley-
Roberta's cousin here, Cindy. My husband grew up in a Ute and Aggie household, but he is as blue as can be! At one point, out house was blue, and our cars were blue! No kidding! We all have fully invested shirts among all the rest of BYU 'stuff'. We have season tickets to every home game. So we are coming from Calif. to all of those!!! Our cabin here in Midway we named: Cougarhaven. (Side note--we actually bought it from BYU...) We cheered Utah's loss on Thursday. Are we obsessed or what?! You can blog about each and every game to your heart's content!!! Oh, and we'll have to share 'food' recipes. We've got some game favs. GO COUGARS!!!

ashleyboice said...

cindy...I never knew that about you...no wonder we get along so well!!!

Matt and Mindi said...

BYU football blows! :O J/K-ing. I am losing my mind! 9 days... only 9 more days!