Tuesday, September 04, 2007

rainy days

It is raining right now. I love the rain. My poor little Oli can't sleep though because of the lightning and thunder. I just moved him to sleep on my floor. (i can't blame him...i was always scared when i was little...luckily i had sam to share a bed with) Summer rain storms are the best. Tonight as it really started raining hard, I just stood out side in the rain taking it all in....the smell...and the feel. Ohh so great. Oliver was so scared that I was going to get hit by lightning and was freaking out for me to come in. There is something so romantic and cozy about a good rain storm. Plus...sometimes that means my husband might not have to work. Which is always a bonus.

5 comments:

::lindsay said...

Rainstorms are very fun. I love this time of year. I love that it is warm, but not too hot. It's the best.

Angie said...

did you go out and lick the pavement? that still cracks me up about you....

Whitney Amelia said...

Hey Ash its raining here too...except when it rains here the power usually goes out.
Hey I have to ask you a random 'mom' question. So Bodin wets himself like 4-5 times a day where I have to change his clothes! Is this normal or do I have the wrong diaper or is this just what newborns do? Did your boys have this problem? Thanks for your expertise..

ashleyboice said...

Hey whit, I think I can answer that one for you. If he is wetting through that is a good thing that means that he is getting enough to eat, just throw a larger diaper on him to hold more, hell if you want to you could put a 5 on him and only have to change him once a day....that's what I would do.
Hope that helps.
cort

Adri said...

One of the only things I like about Indiana - the awesome rainstorms! Although they're often followed by tornadoes - yikes.

To the previous poster - I just had to comment. I have a three year old girl and a one year old boy. My little boy leaked WAY more than his sister ever did. In fact he still wakes up soaked sometimes. I have tried every diaper. The only suggestion I have is buy a good (huggies or pampers) diaper in a size up. And make sure the thinger is pointing down. (You probably already knew that though.) For me, this has been just one of the major differences (and frustrations) between having a girl and a boy.