Tuesday, September 04, 2007

labor day

it is too late for me to think up a cute title for tonights entry.
So today was Labor day...of course. Oliver saw that the boy scouts had come and put a flag up in our yard and he ran in to me so excited. He kept calling it "American flay day". I know it sounds silly but everytime I see that flag waving in my yard it makes me so happy. I am super patriotic...and it feels nice to be living somewhere and know you are going to be there for a while. We have moved so many times (12 to be exact). I know it's silly but some how that flag waving out there makes me feel settled. Like I am a grown up. Cortney worked so for me it was just like any old regular day except my girlfriends husbands were home...and Costco was closed.

We did however get an invite to go up and hang out at our friends Ben and Briar's house in Draper. Ben has been cortney's bff since he was a little lad. We live so close and but we only see eachother a couple of times a year. Maybe that is going to change though because we have been up there twice this month. We love seeing them, and all of our other SLC friends that come over too. Our kids played sooooo great too. It was great adult talk almost the whole night.


here is the group...darren, rachel (thanks for the pictures!), briar, ben, me, cortney. our friends steve and candice were also there but left pre-picture.
me, rachel, and briar...I feel totally comfortable around these girls and they are super fun to be around.

All in all it was a good day. I love going out and being around other adults. It was nice made today feel like a real holiday.

4 comments:

The Clark said...

man, your friends are HOT. i wish i knew them.

Berta said...

Ohhhhhh fun! Everyone looks GREAT! I haven't seen Ben in awhile and I never really got to know Briar - she reminds me of Joanne W. Rach, good to see you! Ash, go check out the pic of Cort on Rach's blog - too funny!

::lindsay said...

Sounds like it was a fun day. It's fun to get together with friends.

I agree with you about it feeling nice to be living somewhere and knowing you'll be staying for awhile. That's how we felt when we moved to our last house. We had moved like 8 times and were sick of moving.

Kim said...

You are a hot momma!!

I'm in Orem...what's your phone number? What are you doing tomorrow?