Monday, July 09, 2007

caught red handed

ohhh. I had one of those days. Those days when something happens and you can't believe it was your kid that did it. Cali and I went all over town today. We have to get our kids outfitted for Justin and Angelique's wedding. They are supposed to wear black and white...good luck finding that though in the middle of summer. So anyways. We went to burlington coat factory where they had all sorts of guido looking suits and other assorted (mostly with a gangsta pin strip) sunday clothes. We had the kids try on a million things and then as we were going to leave. Tyson and Oli were acting weird. They were trying to go to the car without us. I didn't think too much about it, especially since I was busy trying on sunglasses. But once we got out to the car, ty and oli had something they hadn't paid for. They both "snuck" out old spongebob easter eggs filled with candy. Tyson put his up his sleeve and Oli had his in his pocket. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that he would STEAL on purpose. They both seemed pretty sorry for what they had done. It would have been awesome if the alarm would have gone off. Haahaa.

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Ah! they must've been so nervous. what did you do?

ashleyboice said...

we didn't know what to do. i just stared in unbelief. Cali ran the stuff inside. we told the kids that was against the law and they could go to jail for stealing. tyson has to weed the planter boxes before he can have any friends over. i don't know what to do for oli. i feel like he is young and was following the crowd. plus who could i ground him from. i will figure out something. they said they will never steal again. so instead of a punishment we took them to wendy's and he got a cheeseburger and a frosty. man. i wish i had "the" parenting guide. you know the one where your kids grow up great and they don't resent you or feel like you made them feel guilty all of the time. or maybe that you spanked too much. in the meanwhile. i guess i will talk to him...make him clean his room. i don't know.

Samantha said...

no, i think that sounds good ash. it is scary trying to be that great parent so that your kids don't resent you when they grow up or think their childhood was bogus.

khepworth said...

Oh my gosh! The same thing happened to me about a month ago. Isaac wanted to get a DVD and I told him no, and he said yes and put it in the bottom of the stroller and didn't tell me. We made it out of the store (no sirens or anything). When I went to put the stroller in the car that's when I found it. I was so mad, but in a hurry. So I made a big deal saying Isaac, I am so disappointed, we don't do that, etc. now let's go take it back. Well, there was a huge line and I needed to be somewhere so we just walked it back to it's home on the shelf and left. I probly should have punished him more, but I hope he got the message. Can't wait to see what things he does next...

Myca said...

Ok Ash so I have a random question....after you go to blurbs.com where do you go from there? Oh and that is a little funny about the boys trying to steal. I wouldn't have known what to do either.

Laura Lei said...

I think you did great. Hopefully, you scared the pants off of them. Those boys are so funny.

Don't feel too bad. I think most kids have that experience. I remember stealing a package of bubblegum from Frank's Market when I was a kid. My mom found me on the side of the building chewing all five pieces. She marched me back into Frank's to explain myself. Frank was pretty mad, and I am still a little scared of him today.

mumovearls said...

I took Zaymes to the police station and told him about jail. he was in a fedal position in the back of my car crying that he would never do it again- that's one way it about broke my heart though-N