Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wednesday

So Wednesday is my Mutual day....except they don't call it mutual anymore it is Young Women's now. I grew up with Mutual on Wednesdays and here I am again. I don't feel old. But I am. Wednesdays are the day of the week that make me feel the oldest. I go along all week feeling around 21 then bam Wednesday comes and I am 40 again (I just figure everyone that reads this knows I am 27, you all do right?). I don't know why the young women make me feel old. They do. I have to accept the fact that we are all getting older. Everyday...just getting older. I always just wanted to GROW UP. I just always wanted to be older. I was in such a hurry. This is what I get....to be older.
Here we all are tonight for Young women's we had Cortney come and take pictures of us. It was like you know taking senior pictures...except the girls are 14 and 15. It took them a while to break them out of their shell. Man I used to love posing for a picture. You couldn't get me out from in front of the camera.
Here I am in my old glory....hahaa. I NEVER like pictures of me but hey I decided to post it anyway. It is my blog. I always look at pictures of me say from a year ago and say to Cort..."man I looked so good then. I don't know why I wouldn't let you take pictures of me" So I know that a year from now OR 10 years from now I will think, "I looked good then".


Cali got the flu (so sad for her) right before mutual started. She was going to watch the kids for me and was still willing even though she was sick. I told her no way though I would take them with me. The last thing she needed was 6 kids standing around her while she threw up. So we took the kids. I had to dress them fast in pj's...because Cortney and I have Scouts right before mutual. And since I didn't know they were coming with me I thought they were just going to bed, they had to come to mutual dressed like orphans...with no shoes on. No offense to orphans. I just realized that isn't very nice. I don't know how else to describe how they looked. Like they didn't have anyone watching out for them...is that more politically correct? They loved that we went to the park though. I think they really like the Young Women too.

Cute Ollie. He tries to do so many faces in pictures now that it is hard to get one with just a normal sweet look on his face. When we do get one it is worth it, he is sooo cute. (biased I know) Oh....Oliver said "my bum's nervous" when I was swinging him real high. I don't know what that means, exactly. But I know he was trying to explain that feeling you get when you are scared of heights.
I love this kid. I am obsessed with him. He always has a serious expression on his face so to see him smiling...ohhh I love it.
What can I say even dressed like he is he is still adorable.

One last story for the day. Oliver said in the dinner prayer last night "thank you so much for Target and Costco and that we can go there" . He is growing up and starting to be so curious about the gosple. He learned about the Holy Ghost on Sunday and ever since he has been pretend playing with the Holy Ghost. He just keeps say "over here Holy Ghost" and stuff like that. They are fighting storm troopers together! I tried to tell him that he wasn't really a ghost (I didn't want him to be scared of the Holy Ghost) He said to me..."yes mom he is like a ghost...He's everywhere...I can feel him right now." What do you say to that. I am so overwhelmed by the thought of being a mom. I am the person that will effect my children the most in their lives (whether they know it or not). Well that is all.

3 comments:

Berta said...

Love all the HAPPY pictures. Ollie and R.O.B. = d-lish. Me too, I feel really 'young-ish' until I go to Primary each week - I'm "the granny". Ugh!

Unknown said...

Ashley, this is Sam's friend Rebecca. Usually I just stalk your blog but I couldn't help it after this post. Your children are GORGEOUS. That picture of you is similarly GORGEOUS. And I love your guys' life. There is something so to be loved about the Earl mentality on living. Oliver playing with Holy Ghost is awesome, makes me think of the time my mom came in and my brother was giving the floor the bird. "I'm flipping off the Devil Mom."

Laura Lei said...

Ash...i love that picture of you. You are so beautiful. I think you are one of the lucky few, who actually become more beautiful with age. Lucky girl. Also...I love the Holy Ghost story...it was so sweet.