Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day

So I have been meaning to post for the last couple of days. I don't know why I haven't lazy I guess. I have been having the worst allergies and it just makes me feel...icky. I don't know how else to describe it. SO anyways back to mother's day. It started off nice, sleeping in. Then Cortney and the kids brought me fried eggs and toast with bacon. I was really sleeping hard when they came in so I swear it took me like 2 minutes before I could get my eyes all the way open. Cortney had pre ordered a book for me that I have been WAITING to read (it comes out in August), he also got me a huge symphony bar (my fav) and some sun ripened raspberry lotion. It was a cute gift. I had finished a book on friday and really liked it so he memorized the name and tried to find another by the author. Borders didn't have any other books by that author though. I thought that was really cute especially since he knows I don't need a gifts. The fact that he still tries is really sweet. He did a great job. We got ready for church and once there it was crazy. We had to go early because Oliver was a reverence child. No one was there to tell us what that even meant though. I said the sacrament opening prayer...then Oliver had to go up to sing with the primary (well, STAND with the primary), then I sang a musical number with the Young Women...and Cortney said the closing prayer. Everytime we went up there ROB freaked out. He just kept going up there, I followed him onto the stand probably four times. Everytime he thought it was so funny. Ahhh...perfect for mother's day. Cortney took him home after sacrament because he had the greenest runny nose and needed a nap. I got to sit in Sunday school with no distractions and the lesson was sooo good. YEAH. I taught the YW lesson on Journaling...I had alot to say since I have always kept a journal. Then I had to hurry over to help Oliver with his first prayer in primary. HE ACTUALLY GAVE THE PRAYER. I about died. I thought he would be up there just too shy to do anything. It must have been his mother's day gift to me. All in all it was a BUSY Sunday. We came home and headed over to Cali's for SURVIVOR finale and shane made us the most delicious Mexican dinner. It was a great mother's day. WIth an added bonus of Tyler and Nicole (brother and sis in law) coming to stay the night at our house. They were only here a couple of hours because they were headed to salt lake city for a doctor's appointment. I had a great mother's day. I always of course think of my MOTHERS. I love them both, so much. It is crazy how much I have come to realize how much my parents did for me, since I have become a parent. I am so lucky.

Just a note...

Conversation between me and Oliver;

Oliver: "mom, I have a crush on Princess Leia"
Me: "how do you know what a crush is?"
Oliver: "Jack told me...he has a crush on R2-D2"

Another great mother's day gift from Oliver...He learned to take a shower all by himself!!!!! Yeah. He has always hated taking a bath and honestly it is torture for me to just sit in the bathroom. I usually clean the bathroom while he is bathing. My attention span is just too short for baths. He loves showering. YEAH. Special thanks to Cali's kids Tyson and Jack for helping him learn that showers are "cool".

No comments: