Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Bliss

Aside from all of the bad stuff from my previous post I had a pretty wonderful Memorial day weekend. My parents, Michael and Sam (including Kate and Owen, her twins...not the celebrity couple) were all here. We had a great time sitting around at Cali's just chatting. All of my brothers and sisters were there except IKE. We all got babysitters on Saturday and went to eat at the Riverside Country Club. It was so fun. Joey rented out a room and it was a huge square table that fit 4 people on each side so we all could talk and hear each other and we could see eachother. Usually when you go to dinner with a big group you can't hear anyone but the person next to you and the couple across the table from you. It was perfect...any other restaurant here would have been PACKED. It was fun and the food was so yummy. We were together the whole weekend until my parents went home yesterday. I don't know what I will do when they go on a mission. I see and talk to them so much it will be so hard when they are gone. SIGH....

Of course whenever we are together on Memorial day we always think of our brother Zachary. He died May 28, 1982. We talked and thought a lot about him over the weekend. He would be 29 on June 8th of this year.

Samantha drove home today. She has twins. I can't even imagine how hard that would be. The babies are so good though. Either one would be a dream baby if you only had one or the other. But put them together and it makes it hard. I was so sad to see them go. It is hard to have them living away. Thankgoodness for modern day technology that allows me to see pictures of them all the time. Pictures to come...maybe tomorrow.

Oh...I took my boys to get their haircut today. I had them cut it as short as possible. They (Evan's Hair College) used the smallest attachment on the clippers. Oliver keeps saying his hair is the same as daddy's. Hopefully that will keep them from looking scruffy for a while.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I was going to write about my weekend on my blog but I just want to refer people to your blog because you said what i would've said. thanks for my paragraph. I can't believe I don't live near you guys. it's so sad for me.