Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Oli vs. Ollie

So Oliver has always been Ollie. I felt strongly that OLLIE was the spelling. I don't like it when things aren't spelled the way they are supposed to. But.....I have been thinking a lot about changing the way his nickname is spelled to OLI. For starters it is the first three letters of his name, my sister CALIsta was Cali, my brother ZAChary, was Zac. It makes sense to me to just drop the ver in his name. Plus on top of all that he can write OLI and has been for a while. Ohh...every journal entry and baby book entry I have ever written I put OLLIE. What do you all think??? Can I suddenly change the spelling of his nickname???

6 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

That's a tough question. Tom's mom always spelled his name Thom and still to this day spells it that way and hates that he spells it differently. I would do it which ever way he likes it or which way you think he will like it. I'm not sure if Tom ever spelled his name the way his mother wanted it spelled. It will probably drive you crazy if Ollie decides to spellit differently than you want it spelled. He's old enough, I think you should ask him. Let us know.

Samantha said...

yikes ash that is a tough one. I'm going to think about it.

Berta said...

I never really thought about it but you know YOU'RE RIGHT! That makes a lot of sense - I totally agree and think you should change - plus it's easier to spell! ! ! ! Good thinking, ma dear.

Anonymous said...

Good question Ash. I personally like Oli. Zachary is Zac (some people like Zack or Zach) ...but I personally like Zac. Who knows. They are both great. Good Luck! KK

Whitney Amelia said...

Definately OLI

ali said...

First of all...the name is great so you're not going to mess it up with the spelling of the nickname. But my vote is for OLI.