Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday Best

Today was Rob's first day of nursery. YEAH for me. I sat all through Sunday school, so happy. Being spiritually fed. I even commented once. That never happens. Usually I am chasing ROB up on to the stand while everyone laughs and then I leave the room with him in my arms kicking and screaming. They joy was short lived when I went to pick him up and his face was all puffy from crying. When Rob cries he breaks out in hives. His whole face! I always tell him that he better never cry in front of his girlfriends when he is older or he will be a mess. It is crazy even if he cries for one second he has hives. So after a lot of crying his face was really puffy. Poor baby. Why are my kids so shy??? Why is this always so hard? I thought for sure it would be different with my second child. Why do I see some kids playing with not a care in the world on their first Sunday in Nursery? Our nursery has little peep holes to look in and I could see some guy holding him almost the whole time. I did look in once and he was chasing bubbles. Ahhh. Maybe next week will be better when he realizes that we are coming back for him. I think that is a problem my kids have. They never have babysitters unless it is Çali and they KNOW her. I need to start leaving them with some Young Women.
Here we are getting ready to go to church. He is wearing the cutest Grandpa outfit (handme down of Ollies) I love him so much in this. :) I say grandpa outfit because my grandpa Earl had a blue and white striped suit just like this. I was once with him walking into church and he took out his pocket Knife and cut off a yellow rose and put it in the lapel of his blue and white striped suit. It takes quite a man to pull that off. I think of him every time my kids where this outfit. (oh don't you just love the real looking gun in the picture...I promised myself no guns...this was a gift. I am way more relaxed on this rule now but I still think it is my only gun. Swords on the other hand I have probably 1/2 a dozen. Am I ever going to have girls??)


After church we went to my brother in law Cameron's house. I love going there. He is quite the cook. He always has a delicious spread for us. His daughter Leah (8) and Ollie play so great. He lives right by this awesome pond/park so we took a long walk (long for me). It was a wonderful Sunday. Everytime we go up there I feel "that is how Sunday's should be".

6 comments:

Berta said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh R.O.B. . . .I would have loved to have taught him in Nursery! He looks so handsome and ready for 'singing-time'! ! !

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh wish we could have been to dinner with you guys - I love Sundays in Utah! How fun - he even bought 'special' plates for your Sunday dinners! Miss you guys.

Alisha Marlatt said...

Don't worry Ash, Avry is three and she still cries (okay now she just pouts) going into nursery. She's so funny. She talks about going to church and seeing her teachers all week long. She acts like she loves it, but she still pouts going in. I think she gets over it in about two minutes but still. It took her a whole year to not cry! We'll see how Edyn does in September, I'm so excited!

Samantha said...

oh ash that makes me miss 1)grandpa earl so much 2)sweet rob- I can't believe he's so big and I LOVE that age of kids and 3)teaching my nursery class. especially if rob was in it!

Anonymous said...

i loved catching up reading your last posts! what a good mom you are! and that b + w pic of you is soooooo cute. i want cate to marry ollie so bad just to have you as a mom in law!
ps- did the stealer man go away??

Heather said...

Ash, what a foxy momma you are. And wow little R.O.B. what a handsome little bug. The ladies are going to LOVE him when he grows up. Super cute!

Adri said...

He looks like such a little man. How cute! Myleigh went to nursery and never looked back. However, I think I'm going to have a problem with my own little man. He is SUCH a mama's boy already. (I love it though!)