Tuesday, May 08, 2007

good mommy

So today was a "good mommy" day. I woke up early (okay okay EARLIER than usuall) even before Oliver woke up. He slept in untill 9:00. I got showered dressed. Fed Robbie...Emptied the dishwasher. I even put all the dishes in the dishwasher as I used them. I had straightened the house the night before so I only had to keep it clean. By 10:00 I was already bored so we loaded up and headed to the library for story time. After the library we came home for lunch and I put Rob down for a nap. I straightened the house again. Sat down and ate a salad. Then Cali came over to play for a while. At 3:00 it was time to pick up the kids (by that I mean cali's kids) from school so we all got in the car and picked them up then we went to the park. After an hour at the park we loaded up and headed down to the soccer fields to watch Tyson (cali's oldest) play in his last game. So that day sounds so perfect and fun. But...my kids fought at the park, and in the car. At the soccer game Rob got his head stuck in the goal NET, and I spent the ENTIRE game chasing him. And my kids hated the library. They didn't want to sit and listen, they didn't want to sing old mc donald, they didn't want mommy to find a book, or go to the bathroom, they definataly didn't want to wait in line while I checked out the books and then Ollie didn't want to put his shoes back on before we went out to the car. I don't know who decided that the library is a fun place to go with kids. It isn't. Just the fact that you are supposed to be quiet in the library should be enough reason why. So "good mommy" will just have to go back to being "mommy". I even think she is just as fun. I think my kids fought and whined way more today then they do in their normal life. Maybe it was a little too much "good mommy" for them to handle in one day. I don't know. I think I like it better when we are hanging out...talking about star wars. Or reading a book while Oliver plays Darth Vader. It was a crazy day.

7 comments:

amber said...

ash thats totally my story, thats why I don't do anything, plus, I can never find my kids shoes. amber

ashleyboice said...

Man I know if I had a dollar for every shoe that I only had ONE of I would be able to buy more shoes. I hate trying to find shoes.

Adri said...

Don't you hate when you try to do fun stuff for your kids and they just don't appreciate it? I just want to scream - I'M DOING THIS FOR YOU. WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT SO DIFFICULT?! I mean honestly, do I really want to make the 30 minute trek to the children's museum and look at the dinosaur's for the millionth time just so I can endure my two year old throwing tantrums in public and my baby crying because he hasn't had a nap? (Can you tell this is a sore subject in my house?)

The Clark said...

What do you think Ashley, am I dead meat???!!

Myca said...

Isn't funny how usually those days that are supposed to be "good mommy" days are the ones that end up usually being the worst...at least for your kids.I think either way your kids and everyone else knows that your a good mommy....

Craig said...

Well you did it ashley, talked me and KaeLynn into trying the blog thing. Thanks... I think?
www.craigmorrison.blogspot.com

ali said...

Hi Ashley...I'm Ali, Cortney's cousin. I don't think we have ever met, but shoot...I still love reading your blog. Your kids really are so darling (and that is an unbiased opinion)! Love the story of the library attempt, and the Holy Ghost wars, and the 40-year old at mutual. I can totally relate. Anyway...keep em coming and I hope you don't mind if I drop you comment every now and then! Say hi to Cort for me.