Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Goodbye my friend...

I am so sad. One of my favorite shows Gilmore Girls is now over. Tonight was the series finale. I feel like I can't breath. I was so sad the whole episode. I was on the verge of crying the whole time. I have watched faithfully since episode 1. I never and I mean never miss it. I can't believe it is over. It is crazy how attached I feel to this show...I know that. It was a really good show. Now my Tuesdays will have a gaping hole. Reminding me of what used to be. Sigh.

On a lighter note tonight was book club night with my dear friends. We read..."A Great and Terrible Beauty" by Libba Bray
It was my turn to chose the book and this was recommended to me by one of my Young Women. It is the first book in a trilogy so it definatly was building up to lead to the second book. It was good though. I definatly like the sequel better though. I have been reading like a mad woman. A new book every other day. I have never been much of a reader...thanks to being A.D.D. But now that Cali and I have so many kids together I am pretty homebound so I have been reading. Book club was so fun. We met at TGI Friday's and had a great old time. It is one of the things I look forward to the most in my month. We decided tonight that we are going to start taking a picture at everybook club meeting so we can remember this time in our lives when we were so fortunate to live close to each other. I also read "East" by Edith Pattou this month. It was recommended to my friend Laura by her friend marlies. It was very good. I mostly read books that have been recommended to me. So if anyone has something the LOVED let me know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you were just on the "verge of crying"? man i had a tissue in hand the moment the show started, and used every bit of it. so sad. i hate it when shows end, and this one hit me pretty hard.

Whitney Amelia said...

I feel your pain Ash.. For me it was the O.C. every Thursday night religiously. Since then T.V. just hasnt been the same.

Samantha said...

can you believe they sprung a series finale on us like that? I was SO sad during the entire episode. And then I couldn't delete it from my DVR, because then it would really feel over. I feel EXACTLY the same way. I almost named Kate "rory" instead of kate. even when I came to your blog my heart skipped a beat when I saw their picture. I'll miss you Gilmore Girls. I'll really miss you.

ali said...

Sounds like I'm missing out. I have never seen Gilmore Girls. My friend amy is really into it and keeps saying I need to rent the seasons on DVD. I am scared to add another show to my repertoire.

What I was really interested to hear was that a fellow A.D.D.er like myself has taken up reading. Can you help me? The fact that I don't enjoy cozying up with a good book makes me feel kind of unedumakated. Is there hope for me? I will take your reading suggestions and give a book a try.

Craig said...

"The Office" finale is on NBC tonight.
I feel your pain.

attack of The Mouse said...

Hi, I found you though Adri's blog. I too have found the love of reading. I used to not be a reader, but I love it now, it is one of those things you can pull out really quick and get a few pages in while the little one is playing or busy doing something else. (Unlike scrapbooking, sewing or any other crazy project.) I'll have to put your book on my list of must reads.

Laura Lei said...

Okay...I was going to blog about the series finale myself...but I haven't seen it yet. I know, I know..but it could'nt be helped, I was in ML with no TV. I plan on watching it Sunday. I am sure there won't be a dry eye in the house. Except for maybe Mike's...his eyes will probably be rolling. I love GG...and I can't believe it's over. What am I going to do on Tuesday night?