Thursday, May 24, 2007

Workin on cars

Today was a good day. We went to KaeLynn's this morning and had a good visit. She has been Young Women's president for like 9 years and she is just so full of wisdom. So I went over and got all I could out of her about going to girls camp. Her ward goes the same place as ours so she had a lot of helpful advice. She babysits a couple of kids a couple of times a week. One of the kids is 1 year old as of March and I would say he is a full baby's head shorter than Rob. As I have written before Rob has a major problem with biting. Today though I think he maybe learned a lesson. I heard him crying down stairs in KaeLynn's basement. I ran down there and sure enough he was some how hurt. I took him upstairs and he was hysterical. Usually this kid cannot get hurt. He never cries it doesn't matter how bad he and Oli wrestle he usually is the one that hurts Oli. So anyways I surveyed his body and I could tell right away that he was bleeding from his mouth. All of the older kids that were down there were telling us that the little baby had bit Rob. Then I found a wet circle on his shirt, which is ofcourse an obvious sign he was bit on the back. Then I found he was also scraped up on top of his hand. So the little kid bit him on his upper lip, on the inside and outside of his upper lip. I am surprised a big chunck didn't come off. He had little teeth sized cuts on the inside of his lip. Also on the back and badly on the hand a whole bunch of times. KaeLynn felt so bad. I didn't. I wasn't mad at the kid at all. He is tinsy. Plus I know what it is like having a kid that bites and it is horrible to have your kid bite someone. All day Rob kept opening his mouth really big and saying "ohhhhhh ouch" I explained to him that biting really hurts and so he should never bite. We will see if this has scared him out of biting. I doubt it...wishful thinking.

We came home from KaeLynn's and had a nice peaceful day. Rob took a 4 1/2 hour nap. I dozed off (only for a second) and woke up with a start. I knew that Cortney was driving up to SLC at 2:00 to pick up a back seat for his suzuki. And it was already past 5:30. Where was he? He should have been back already. I was so worried that something was wrong. Everyday (okay so not everyday but...) I see news stories of people dying in car accidents between here and SLC. I just kept thinking he should be back by now. I tried to call him three times in a row, no answer. I was freaking myself out. I told myself I will try to call the police or something by 6:30. I don't know why I thought that I was trying to get a plan in place I guess. About 10 minutes after I started freaking out Cortney walked in the door. He couldn't answer his phone because Brian (his superentedent) and he were talking about grass or something like that. Phew what a relief.


When Cortney got home he and the boys stayed outside and worked on his jeep. I love the boys helping Cortney working on the car. Cortney has a family legacy of love for cars. I wonder if it will continue on to our kids. Notice how dirty their hands are. You can also kinda see where Rob was bit on his lip. Cortney's favorite candy are those disgusting circus peanuts so the boys are all eating them (of course before dinner...Cortney doesn't quite get the concept of why they shouldn't eat candy peanuts before dinner). Oli (yes I am trying out Oli...feels weird. But I think I will come around to it.) is wearing a sweatshirt on backwards in preparation for the season premier of "so you think you can dance". Last year a couple did a dance wearing all their clothes backwards with masks. Oliver remembered that they had hoddies over their faces. He was pretty dissapointed when they didn't have people doing that exact same dance this year but he was always ready to tell me if the people were good dancers or bad dancers. Hahaha he is so cute.
I had to include this picture because Oliver is always making this face to me. Anytime I tell him something he doesn't want to hear he shakes his head back and forth while making this face. Plus just look at those mountains. I try to tell my kids all the time how lucky they are to live somewhere so beautiful.

6 comments:

Earl Family said...

I am still sick to my stomach about this morning Ash. I am so sorry! But I have to say "thanks" for being a real trooper about the whole thing. I hope this doesn't mean I won't see you for awhile. I love when you come visit! Don't make me wait too long. :)

Samantha said...

The face that oli is making made me laugh out loud and pound the table. that is so hilarious. and I'm so happy "so you think you can dance" is back on. it's going to save my summer!

Berta said...

Good luck at camp! That is a stress - been there, done that! Love the pics - especially "the faces of Oli". Classic and 'so' Oliver. I know the panic of not knowing where Cort (Bob) is - that's my BIG hang-up - I always can picture them off in a ditch gasping for breath ( ! ! ! ! ! ) - then, like you said, they WALK IN THE DOOR! Sorry about Rob's mouth. I once got bit on my 'butt' my a little girl I babysat - I sparred a scar for a long time ! ! ! ! Ouch! Bless is heart . . . "Come to gwama!"

Alisha Marlatt said...

I love "so you think you can dance"! It's totally my favorite summer show. Avry sits with me and watches and tries to mimick everything they do. It's really funny. I love it when little boys help their dads doing manly things, it's so cute!

Myca said...

Hey I have to say that "so you think you can dance" is hands down my favorite show. It totally makes me miss dance but it's ok though Jared will actually sit and watch it with me. He just makes fun of everyone...it's kinda funny. Oli's face was totally funny too....laughed out loud.

Adri said...

Those pictures make me miss Utah so much!