Wednesday, October 31, 2007

halloween

1st and foremost...I wanted to say Happy Birthday to my girl AmBea. I meant to call you all day...but I am always nervous to call people with brand new babies...just in case they are sleeping (the mom not the baby).


We had a great Halloween night. Cali and I spent the day together...I watched the kids while she went and helped with Jack's class party. Then we realized that she had to do her ward newsletter....and I needed to finish the second Jedi costume. We worked like crazy to get done by the time we were supposed to meet at KaeLynns...we all went over to KaeLynn and Jason's for some chili and scones. YUM. We were supposed to be there at 5:15 and I put the last stitch in Oli's costume at 5:14. We both tried frantically to get all 6 kids dressed and in costume. (stressful) But we did it and all of the kids looked sooo great. We walked around Jason and KaeLynn's neighborhood, and the kids seriously got soooo much candy. Her ward really gives out good stuff.
Here we are in KaeLynn's garage...the weather was SOOOO nice tonight. Our friend Britney was there with her family (she made the delicious chili). It is always so fun to get together. It really was a perfect night.
Jason...Brooklyn...Tyson...Jack and Oli. They ran from house to house and this really was the first year that Oli really got what was going on.
Rob in his bee costume. I put black ladies tights over his sneakers...it was so cute. He was totally mad at me though. He bawled and bawled and tried to get those tights off. He finally got used to it. He was awesome tonight. Cortney would wheel him to the front walk of a house in the stroller and Rob would run up to the door as fast as he could all by himself. He would pick out what candy he wanted and then yell THANK YOU as he turned and ran back. (he RARELY says thank you to me...I couldn't believe how excited this boy was about halloween) He stayed out the whole time we did...and filled his pumpkin all the way to the top. It got so heavy at the end that he couldn't get it up stairs. Oli never could have trick or treated this long when he was 23 months old.
Jack and Oli...my two little Jedi's. I think I went a little overboard. I always do that. Especially since my children aren't even in school and no one sees them. I bet I will be so burnt out on Halloween by the time they are in school that I won't even do anything. But...if I do say so myself...it was one of the best costumes I have seen. (biased I know) And I know they will play with them for a long time to come.
Cali and Carolina...she was Cinderella...and looked so cute (man I have said that a lot in this entry).

Justin and Angelique stopped by tonight too. They walked the whole neighborhood and trick or treated with us. They really are fun. Angelique brought the cutest little treat baggies for all of the kids with a whole bunch of candy and bouncy balls for the boys and bracelets for the girls. What a great aunt! I was really glad they came. I seriously love getting together with my family. I don't have a picture of all of the kids but I will post one tomorrow. I am always kind of sad when Halloween is over. I love it. But my parents will be here tomorrow and that is the start of my crazy vacation filled fall and winter. So I guess I can't be sad...I have too much to look forward to.

3 comments:

Kim said...

They all look so great. It sounds like you guys had a great night. Yay for cousins!

Angie said...

oh i love halloween, and you did such an amazing job on those costumes. your kids are so lucky. looks like you guys had so much fun. tell everyone hi!

Earl Family said...

Ash- thanks for coming over. That was super fun. One of my favorite Halloweens by far. Family Rocks!
KaeLynn