Monday, October 29, 2007

sunday nightmare

I don't know why it is but Sunday mornings at our house are always hectic. We even have church at 1:00. I don't know why we can't get our act together and just have a nice relaxing morning before church. Today, I was awakened by a telephone call telling me that I had a meeting for Young Women's that started at the exact time of the phone call. I hurried and got ready and at least made it there to meet with our class presidency. Then I came home...reviewed the lesson I had to teach...chastity...great. I don't feel old enough to be giving this lesson. "at least I only have to teach the mia maids...they are still relatively young" I told myself (only to find out that I was going to also be teaching the Laurels...oh well...the lesson went okay...I think). Then the chaos began. I started ironing Oli's and Cortney's shirts (I have a thing with wrinkles...I hate them). In the meanwhile we were trying desperately to get Rob to take a nap for at least 1 hour before church starts. No such luck....he had a poopy diaper. Oh well no nap I guess. I quickly curled my hair and got halfway done putting on some make-up (oh well no mascara today). Cortney and I got the kids dressed...but I couldn't find ANYTHING that fits Rob. Why does he grow so fast?? Oh well....I put him in some jeans to wear hoping a nice shirt would dress it up a little. Oli on the other hand had to wear camo shoes and white socks with his black church pants. At this point I was pretty stressed out. I ripped out the 3t clothes looking for something...anything for Rob to wear...to no avail...and the house is a mess. Cortney and I are trying to get to church a 1/2 hour before it starts so we can get our temple recommends updated to the new kind. We got in the car frantically and I hate to say it I wasn't being very nice. Luckily when we walked into the church I felt so much better...just to have made it there. I seriously feel like Satan sometimes makes church so awful so I won't want to go. Does that make sense? Someone seriously came up to me after sacrament...and granted she was being sooooo nice but she said "if you need any help with your kids during sacrament I can help anytime...since I don't have any kids yet". That is how bad Rob was during sacrament.
Oh well. Sometimes that is the way it goes. It was nice getting there on time though. luckily the day turned around because we went up to SLC to Cameron's house. Mom and Dad Boice were there along with Heather, and children...and Tyler and Nicole too. We had a great dinner and it was so nice to just hang out with them. My kids love love love their Boice cousins. Seriously Oliver is obsessed. Even though his cousins are quite a bit older than him they are SOOOOO good with him and they always totally include him. It was a nice evening. Then once we were home I waited until midnight so I could clean clean my house and make up for me throwing everything around this morning in panic. So next week...Saturday is the day we get ready for Sunday. I am seriously going to set my kids clothes out and get them all ready in advance. I don't want to have to be so frantic and stressed. And maybe just maybe they will get there with matching socks and combed hair....
Oli "play" fighting with Carson...looks pretty real to me.
I love how serious they look
It seems Carson was the victor.
Pretty Leah
Tyler and Nicole...we were glad you guys were there.

4 comments:

The Clark said...

i swear sunday mornings are when you find me on my worst behavior! it's so ironic.

Samantha said...

man that stressed me out just reading about it. i totally hear you though. sunday mornings stress me out too.

Kim said...

I think Aaron and I argue more on Sundays than any other day. It's usually me telling him to hurry or quit watching football. It's hard enough with one little baby...I don't know how people do it with multiple kids. Good job!

FiddleWiz said...

You're so amazing!!! My mom always says that Sundays are a day of rest for everybody but moms... sounds like it's true. And thanks for the YW lesson yesterday... It was really good!! I really look up to you, Ashley! /britt