Sunday, October 07, 2007

lava

I just spent a glorious weekend away. We went with a bunch of friends (todd, tiff, cali, joey, celeste, darrin, sam and christina) to Todd's family's cabin in Lava Hot springs. It was so fun. We have gone a couple of times over the past 8 years that I have been married, and everytime it has been great (missed you sean and amber). The first time we went we had no children at all. The second time combined we had 9. This time there were 16 kids there. It was crazy. Not only were there 16 kids but it SNOWED all Saturday. We had planned on spending the weekend with the kids mostly playing outside without us. Instead we were inside all day with crazy kids running all over the place...playing princess and football. Our kids are growing up though and when we went last time it was 9 babies or toddlers. Now it was a lot of older kids that can play well and work their own stuff out...feed themselves....and go to sleep just fine in a strange bed. So I will have to say that 16 was easier than the 9 we had 3 years ago. I am sorry but there is hardly anything better to me than getting away with some of my best people out there...and getting snowed into a cabin. I loved it. We ate yummy food the whole time, talked and laughed until we cried, watched movies, played games, the boys took the kids for rides on the four wheelers, and we went to the hot springs. Best of all I spent almost the whole time in my pj's cozied up on the couch. I of course missed Sean and his long johns, he is the only one like me that tries to get everyone to stay up the whole night. I never wanted anyone to go to bed and I was sooooo sad leaving this morning.

Special thanks to Todd and Tiffany....I know it is really hard for them to set something up like this last weekend. Being in charge and all. I know that they have a lot of things they have to be responsible for and I APPRECIATE IT!! I am so thankful my girlfriends all have husbands I adore. Marlo said (or something pretty close to this) once to one of the husbands as advice before he married into our group..."Never try to get between these girls...you'll lose". I feel like all of the husbands are my really good friends...we are lucky.

Somehow Cali and I both forgot cameras (man there is so much to pack up for just a weekend trip...sheesh). Oh well. It was a great time though. And now we are back to start another week. Cortney is down at the course right now because there is a broken sprinkler head (come on people....can't this wait untill tomorrow?? we have tons of tv to catch up on).

Man Lava Hot springs is so beautiful. I have been looking at real estate there. Sometimes I think I would love to live in a small town but...what would I do? Maybe it would be nice.

1 comment:

Whitney Amelia said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I have heard Lava is such a fun little get away. Ive never been there weird cause I grew up like an hour away from it!