Tuesday, October 16, 2007

a long drive and a big blessing.

Phewwww....we made it. Yesterday morning Cali and I awoke at 3:50 in the a.m. to get our kids in the car and on the road. Everyone thinks we are crazy for waking up so early...but I dare you to try and find people who travel with their kids as well and as often as we do. Not to brag of course...okay...a little bragging, but hey, it is really hard to drive with 6 kids under 7. The kids were soooo good yesterday. We usually stop 1 time for gas and potty and 1 time for lunch. (sometimes we pull over and let the boys go on the side of the road) Yesterday though...Oliver had a bad tummy. So we stopped 2 times in Oregon for potty breaks. Besides the two extra stops...the kids were amazing. I am not kidding. It was the best drive we have had so far. Almost all of the kids slept in the morning while it was still dark. Then again after lunch they all slept for 2 1/2 hours. It was awesome. It for some reason takes 1 hour longer to drive back. It was a great...but long day. In my family we love the call of the open road. One thing is for sure...it was my last time visiting before my parents leave. It was sad. I love Moses Lake. It was really sad for me to leave there. And really sad for me to see my parents house empty. (they are packing up big time...I think they have a total of like 20 days total that they will be in Moses before they leave) Ryan and Nena Earl will be house sitting.

Oh...I almost forgot to write about the big blessing. Oli threw up a couple of times last night. What a blessing it is that he didn't throw up in the car. Cali and I have been there before. It is pretty traumatic for the other kids...not to mention stinky.


So this weekend was great! Isaac and Linh's reception was awesome. My cousin Nena decorated...SHE IS THE MOST AMAZING PERSON. She really is. I can't believe she could make a church look that good. (please see her blog cousins ryan and nena...in my side bar for pictures...it is unbelievable. You have to click on the link she has for more pictures in her entry for the weekend...it's worth it) She had a huge white parachute covering the whole ceiling...with tons of those round paper lanterns. The food was great and I got to see alot of people I love. The next day we had Mike's farewell. That kid is awesome. Will be in the MTC Dec 12th to Feb 4th. My parents get in the MTC on Feb 1st so they will be in there together. How awesome is that?? What a great thing.

2 comments:

mumovearls said...

It was so fun to see you this weekend -lots of Love and you guys are crazy for that drive with that many kids-nena

Laura Lei said...

I looked at Nena's pictures. I have never seen that Stake Center look better. Amazing. What would it be like to be so creative?