Friday, October 26, 2007

jedi mind tricks


for the past two days I have spent all my time sewing 2 sets of this costume. Oli and Jack are going to be Jedi's. That is the main reason why I haven't posted. I am nearly done. Why do I have to try and sew costumes? I always think...oh this will take no time...no time at all. Then two days later...I have two sets of pants and 1 1/2 robes. To make matters worse...I am a hood short of enough fabric. So off to Joanne's for a second time. arrgghhhh. The jedi costumes you can buy are the cheap polyester ones...the cape doesn't billow when you jump off the couch. I saw them and thought...i can do better. Well we will see. I should be completely done tonight for the ward party. I will post pictures. I just know that Oli will wear this all the time playing....so I wanted it to be right. You would be amazed what you find when you google Jedi Robes. I love star wars fans...I really do. One website said and I quote..."What looks good on a Hayden Christensen ain't gonna work on a Danny Devito." Ain't that the truth honey ain't that the truth. Rob I think will be a bee (tights and all...it really is too cute...not manly though at all) or Mickey Mouse. Now it would all be perfect if I could figure out how to give Oli a Jedi braid....
So I finished...just in the nick of time. Man...it turned out pretty dang cute if I do say so myself. the pictures don't do the costume justice. Oli was so happy. He stared at himself in the mirror for like five minutes once I put the costume on.


8 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm so jealous that you can sew. I can't wait to see the end result. I loved the ghost outfit you put together last year. it could've been so simple but instead it looked awesome.

Laura Lei said...

You could always get on of those girly hair clip with hair attached (the kind I always see people trying on at the mall (the kind I secretly want to try it on too)), and then braid the hair. That would make a sweet Jedi braid.

I love the idea of making costumes. However, I know I would go over budget. Then Rose would have to wear her costume everyday until she grew out it, so I could justify spending $100 on a halloween costume.

ashleyboice said...

the costume cost 10 dollars each for Cali and I. Pretty cheap...until you factor in the 20 hours I spent making it. hahahaa.

Adri said...

I'm impressed (and jealous)! The costume looks amazing. I always wish I could sew things for myself/kids but I have no talent in that area. Nor do I have a sewing machine.

khepworth said...

Your kids must think you are the coolest mom ever! And look at you and your bad self-just whippin' out that sewing machine and sewing up a storm!

::lindsay said...

You did such a good job on the costumes! I wish I had a talent for sewing.

Berta said...

VERY, VERY, VERY good job! He really looks good and he's a darn good actor - look at his stance! Nice job Mom!

Mandi said...

What a good mom oyu are. I can't even thread my sewing machine! Lol MArlee's costume came straight from the rack! You did a great job, it looks awesome!