Friday, October 26, 2007

halloween carnival

Tonight was our ward Halloween party. Our ward is funny...any function I have been to, all the food is gone by the time we get there. We were literally 2 minutes late and all of the chili was already gone. People were attacking what was left like vultures (me included). It was fun though. The kids looked cute. Almost everyone there was dressed up. I barely had time to finish Oli's costume so I didn't have time to find anything for Cortney and I (although someone asked if Cortney died his beard black...hahaaa people never believe that is his real beard color). Last year at this time we went to our ward thing and we didn't know one other couple. This year we knew most. What a difference a year makes.
I had my friend Sarah take a picture of us...we never have a picture with all of us. Not the best...but hey were all in it.
Rob, wasn't sure about wearing a costume. I told him he couldn't get candy without it...that changed his mind.

8 comments:

Heather said...

So totally cute. I am in love with mini jedi......and that furry green thing I just want to cuddle. Great job with the costumes! It was so fun to see you and the boys. Hope to see you again this weekend.
HDW

Samantha said...

your family picture looks so cute.

Kim said...

I love seeing kids in their costumes. Yours looks so cute...I'm impressed with the Jedi costume! I have yet to talk Aaron in to dressing up for Halloween. I think it would be fun, but he's such a stinker about it. bummer.

::lindsay said...

Cute pictures of the kids. I love Halloween costumes and Halloween too. It always feels so festive and kicks off the rest of the holiday season.

Kacey Nielsen said...

Solid work! Love the jedi costume. I'm totally impressed. And I'm with rob, I'd totally be willing to wear almost anything if there was free candy involved :)

FiddleWiz said...

SO cute Ashley!!! I didn't go the carnival... *sniff* but it sounds fun!

Berta said...

This is the 'stuff' I miss THE MOST (well, I miss everything) but these are the FUN times we never get to see! SOMEDAY! Thanks for sharing - their precious. Like that beard, Cort - not sure Ash does!

AJ said...

This weekend we had our ward chili & cinnamon roll halloween party with a trunk or treat for the kids. Since our church building is undergoing a makeover we are meeting out in Johnstown. So that everyone did not have to drive out there our Bishop had that party in his barn. He has 160 acres of land and plenty of space for parking too. The barn is quite big and we only used about 1/2 of it. We set up table and chairs for 70-80 people figuring that we would get about 1/2 of those that attend on Sunday. Not this time. We had about 120 people there and so many people brought chili that the 4x8 boards were sagging and you could not fit another pot of chili on there. Parking was also creative as they had to go deeper into the field to park. But the kids all had a great time running from car to car help them to keep warm.