Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Star Wars

My husband and I are less into Star Wars than I think almost any other adult we know. We have never waited in line to see a new episode. Cortney never really even watched the first episodes when he was little. So how did it get to be what our lives revolve around? My kids are obsessed with everything Star Wars. All I hear all day is Qui-gon this Mace Windu that...Mom does Boba Fett and General Grievous blah blah blah. I never even know what he is talking about. I HAVE to get all of the movies so I can get caught up. I don't think 10 minutes go by in our house with out some mention of Star Wars. We are decorating Star Wars easter eggs that come with a little Darth Vader hat for the eggs. It is crazy having only sons. I don't know what I am doing here. My sister's kids are of course equally obsessed and when her daughter who is almost 2 sees any of the disney princesses she says "princess leia" they have even gotten to her. In the meantime I am trying to sew 3 jedi robes and looking at light sabers online. Sheesh.
Rob and Oliver love to battle. Of course Oliver is just mostly blocking and hitting slow. While Rob on the other hand is hitting as hard as he can and as fast as he can. He is crazy around Oliver...always trying to get him. (I hope he will grow out of that)

I love robs little foot coming up here...I don't know why...it shouldn't warm my heart so much to see my one year old fighting with a light saber. Sigh....I never let Oliver have a sword untill know....Oh well...I had good intentions.
Rob loves his saber...of course he always wants Oliver's...I am getting to the point where I have to buy TWO of the EXACT same toy. They always want Rob to be Darth Maul when they play Star Wars...Poor kid. Don't you worry though he can take care of himself.
He goes everywhere with this light saber. We were at Costco and I heard two different little boys say "mom....his mom let him bring HIS light saber". Of course father like son...he has to have the purple light saber (that is the color Mace Windu has mom). Cortney's favorite color has been purple for probably the last 20 years.
So I know this looks bad...but Oliver is actually really good not hurting Rob...he is just holding the saber at his neck.

4 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

So although you have boys, I feel like my house is not much different even with girls. Tom has taught the girls jujitzu! Avry had Edyn in and arm bar the other day. They seriously wrestle all the time! I thought I was going to have princesses, not martial arts experts! It's actually pretty funny to wacth. I think your boys are adoreable! At least they play together! They realy are cute!

Myca said...

Hey ashley....it's myca. I didn't know you had a blog until I talked to alisha marlatt today and she told me. I love all your pictures....and your boys are adorable. I know it's horrible but I have never seen robbie until today! Crazy. I hope you are doing well. Love myca

Myca said...

Oh and by the way I have a blog....it is underthelilypad.blogspot.com.

::lindsay said...

Hey Ashley! I just found your blog through Myca's blog. How fun! I'll have to add it to my favorites. I think practically every little boy becomes obsessed with Star Wars at some time or another. Carson's friend, Josh, recently got Darth Maul's double lightsaber and Carson was like foaming at the mouth becomes he thought it was the coolest thing ever.