Monday, April 16, 2007

So as I write this I keep thinking...maybe this is too personal to write on my blog. Maybe it isn't meant for other people to read. This is however, my journal. I have always been someone that has kept a diary. For my 12th birthday my friends Amber and Laura gave me a pink diary and since then I have always written about what is going on in my life and the feelings associated with them. I wrote every single day while I was in college. Since I have had children I have written happenings on a monthly calander. Now this is my Journal. Every year I am going to have it printed through blurb.com. So if this is going to be my journal...it has to be just that. My journal the good and the bad. Today, I woke up to find out that my little sister Sam was in the hospital. Her and her husband went with their two twin newborns at 1:00 am because she was having really intense back pain. It turns out that she needs to have her gallbladder removed. I guess sometimes after you have a baby you can have gallbladder problems. I don't really know what is going on with that even though we have called her a bunch of times today. I do know that she is in surgery as I type and that Kyle is missing two finals today so he can babysit two, two week old twin babies. I was really worried for her today and she was in my thoughts. I want to take care of my little sister and if I were in Utah I would be down there taking care of her. Then, today around 1 or 2 (everything since then has been a blur) Cortney called me. He told me that he had some bad news for me and it seemed like he was playing around with me and was acting too afraid to tell me. I of course thought he was going to tell me that he bought yet ANOTHER project car to work on. I kept telling him to tell me what he did. Then he told me that my brother in law Tyler was really sick and that he was really worried for him. I have been so sad today. So flooded with emotions and memories. Tyler is my BROTHER. I love him. He is one year younger than me. I have been in the Boice family for eight years now. I really feel like they are my blood...my people. Whenever someone is sick...it is so hard to know what to do. How can you let someone know exactly what they mean to you when words don't exactly describe it. I wish we could all be together right now. I feel so sad for my Cortney...all alone in Orem. No one to be with him right now. I wish I were there. Even now I don't know what to type. I don't know what to think or say or do. I love Tyler...I love his wife nicole. I am so blessed by knowing both of them. When I was engaged to Cortney, Cortney left to Moab for a month for a class. I was in Rexburg all alone. No friends. Tyler would call me up and ask me if I wanted to do something or if I wanted to hang out. That is just the kind of person he is. He takes care of people. He didn't barely know me but he knew I needed someone so there he was. Here is a picture from my wedding...(eight years ago we all look much older) L-R Tyler, Cortney, Me, Samantha, and Cali. I hope that both Samantha and Tyler will be okay. Both of their names are in the temple today. I love them.

4 comments:

Alisha Marlatt said...

Ash, It is always hard to hear that loved ones are sick. I want you to know that they are in my prayers as well. I can definitely sympathize with you. I'm sorry that you can't be there with Cortney either. Tell Sam we all love her and hope all goes well. You have a great family!
Alisha

Laura Lei said...

Ever since I heard the news from my mom (who else)...I've been praying for Sam. It is one of the hardest things to be sick in the hospital after trying to recover from child birth. I can't even imagine how hard that would be with twins at home. I will have to add your BIL to my prayers too. I hope all is well soon. Love you, Laura

Heather said...

Ash, you made me cry. I too am having some serious emotions at this time. If we just have faith, we will be strong. And right now.....for everyone we need to be strong. Wuv, Heatha

Samantha said...

Ash, this was such a loving blog. I just want to let you know how much it meant to me. I have felt so much love and it has brought me so much strength. I love you- thanks.