Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Book Club

So tonight was my monthly book club with my sister Cali and Celeste Merrell Parks and Tiffany Merrell Davis (Tiffany and Celeste are sisters they have been my friends since birth...their family is MY FAMILY I love them, all five of the sisters...I heart them). We met at Macaroni Grill. Oh my gosh it was so fun. Cali and I were excited all day to go and have a girls night out which we NEVER EVER do. We had such a great time. Two minutes into the book club they made me laugh with a mouthful of Mango lemonade....I have never had such a pain in my nose or throat ever. I was choking so bad...I was just trying so hard to not let it come out of my nose or mouth. It was horrible. I had to go to the bathroom because I was dry heaving it was so bad. The whole night we were throwing our heads back and laughing as hard and as loud as we could. It is so great to be with people that know the very core of you. They know everything about me. I don't have to wonder if they like me...or if I said anything dumb. I don't have to analyze anything with them. We really need to do the girls night more often. I came home totally refreshed, and it was so nice to not have had to put the kids down. When I was in High school every day of my life I laughed so hard I would cry. I would laugh so hard that my stomach muscles would ache and I would beg whoever it was to stop making me laugh. I think...at least for me you don't laugh as much when you are an adult (I mean...my kids are funny but not pee your pants funny). It felt good to laugh REALLY HARD again. I almost threw my neck out from laughing. Hahaa. We finished the night off with dessert. It is my turn to pick a book for next month. We loved the book this time so much that it is really going to be hard to compete with this one. I am lucky to have so many good friends in my life...not just these ladies of course but all of my good friends. Yeah for me. Hahaha.

10 comments:

Berta said...

What BOOK did you guys read? Nothing like 'good friends'!

::lindsay said...

How fun! I love getting together with girlfriends as well. I think it is so neat that you are not only so amazingly close to your sisters, but you have family friends that you consider your "family." I'm curious at what you guys read too. Oh, and tell Tiffany "hi" for me. I always liked her so much!

ashleyboice said...

We were actually reviewing 2 books in a series. They are called Twilight, and New Moon. They were written by a Mormon lady named Stephenie Meyer. They are Young Adult books...but aren't church based at all. They are on the New York best seller list. Anyways. We all LOVED them. They are just really good books...easy reads (even though they were both over 500 pages). We all read each book in a day or two. Initially the book club was just for the first book but we all went out and finished the second too. It was one of the best stories I have read in a LONG time. Everyone here in Utah is reading this book which is funny. All of my Young Women LOVE this book. Hahaa. I didn't put the book down at first because I am always hesitant to recommend books to people. Some people act like they are too smart for books like this. One person I talked to didn't like the book...she was an "english major" and had a hard time not reading it critically. I loved it though and can't wait for the third book to come out in August!

Alisha Marlatt said...

I love those kinds of books! Tom's always getting on my case about how much I read, he always says I could have read teh Book of Mormon 5 times, if I hadn't been reading my other books. He's right of course but I'm not as smart as he and I love easy reads, where I get so caught up in the story that I feel like I'm there experiencing the same things. I shoudl be better at reading the scriptures but...Just kidding, I am getting better but there's nothing like a good novel!

Laura Lei said...

First of all...I am so jealous that I can't be apart of your bookclub. I read Twilight and New Moon and wanted so bad to review it with you guys. I think I have a small crush on Edward (is it weird to have a crush on a literary figure?). Secondly, Everyone in Arizona is reading Stephenie Meyer too. I went to four libraries, to find it checked out and reserved everywhere. Let me know what the next book is...that way I can pretend to be apart of your bookclub.

Adri said...

I'm going to have to check those books out. I've never heard of them. Probably because I live in an apostate city. I have been devouring books lately and I'm always looking for a good read. I was thinking of starting a book club with some of the girls out here. Unfortunately I have a problem with following through so it will probably never happen. We should start an online book club. Is that possible?

Laura Lei said...

Okay...i think that's the best idea...ever. Maybe we can start with Ash's new book for her bookclub.

Samantha said...

First of all, you are WELCOME for recommending the book in the first place! I love a book that leaves a permigrin on your face everytime you think of it. Secondly, I seriously almost named Owen Edward because I had such a big crush on Edward! And thirdly, I'd love an online bookclub.

ashleyboice said...

Yes an Online book club would be awesome. That way we will feel connected...all of us reading the same thing at once. I will let you know as soon as I make my pick. (no pressure) AND OF COURSE thanks to Samantha who recommended Twilight in the first place. Owen would make a cute Edward....Sigh.

emily said...

okay, so it's me, Emily, and I just have to say that my life these days is nothing but nonstop rebuttal to your glorious reviews of those books! Jared will NOT SHUT HIS MOUTH about them! Today he made me sit down and listen to about a half hour's worth of excerpts detailing why it was the most heinous book of all time! Of course it's because he's a boy and has never felt any twinge of romance unless it involved S.E.X. I don't know whether I would like it or not, truthfully, but I can't think of one thing dreamier in my life than going to macaroni grill and laughing so hard that mango lemonade came out my nose. I miss you guys SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

p.s. you inspired me to start my own blog. it's dumb and just beginning, but it's palenskepod.blogspot.com. share with cali too...