Saturday, March 31, 2007

6 months

So I went to the doctor on Thursday...it has been six months. Six months since my miraculous healing. Six months since I started a study at the University of Utah. The T.E.A.R trial. The Treatment of Early Agressive Rhuematoid Arthritis. I was so crippled before. More than anyone knew. Anyone but Cali, or Cortney but even they couldn't understand. I couldn't hold my children...I couldn't dress them. I couldn't be who I wanted and it seemed so overwhelming to picture my life the way it was. I could barely drive. I slept deeply maybe 3 or 4 hours a night. Every time I have a doctors appointment which is every six weeks, I dread it. I don't like the drive up and back thats two hours, I don't like going alone, and I usually have to get a babysitter for 5 hours (thanks Cali), oh plus I have tons of blood drawn. But as I get there I always get an overwhelming sense of gratituted. I am always almost giddy. I don't know quite how to explain it but I go from dreading it to being so happy. I am doing so well...they take a blood test at every appointment to check the activity of the disease the rate at which my immune system is destroying my joints. It is always almost no activity. How amazing is that. Six months I have felt awesome. Now I get start tapering off the steroids that are making my face chubby and in two months I will be off of them comepletly. I love my doctor and my study coordinator. I am so thankful every day (every hour) to my Heavenly father for allowing this miracle to come in to our lives. I know Cortney feels that way to. I told Oliver that I was going to the Doctor on Thursday...the doctor that helps me with my hands. He couldn't remember my hands hurting. I couldn't believe that. I thought it was going to be a huge thing he had to deal with in his life (taking care of me and picking up the slack on things I couldn't do before) but maybe it won't be that way at all. I am so greatful for medicine. Well I just wanted to write down mostly for my self how I felt at my 6 month appointment. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Berta said...

Bob and I pray for you EVERYDAY so you can raise your little boys and be out of pain! Heavenly Father directed you to that program I have NO doubt.

Great entry - your children will appreciate that you journaled your feelings one day and will truly appreciate you as their mommy!

CONGRATS, on the 6 months - a miracle, no doubt.

Samantha said...

Ashley I was just telling your arthritis pain story to the Millers two days ago. I told them that this study they put you in was one of the biggest blessings my family had received. We are all so grateful that you feel better and people are watching over you.