Thursday, April 12, 2007

Growing up...


Rob is starting to say sooo many words. Oliver spoke from 10 months on, new words every day. Rob up untill a couple of weeks ago could say ball, mom, bite, uhoh. That was about it. He refused to call Cortney dada. Everytime he saw him he would say "mama!". About two weeks ago he started saying dada, after that he is saying new words everyday. The best is on Sunday I gave him something I don't know what it was a poptart or something but he said "thank you" I couldn't believe it. I haven't even been working on him saying thank you. With oliver I would always say..."say thank you". I never do that with Rob, he just learned it on his own. Then today I told him that a kitty says "meow" and he said it plain as day, then we went over duck and he could say "quack quack" so good. He of course already knew what a dog says from being at his Grandma Berta's who has tons of dogs (well she has two put she has seven kids, and each one has at least one dog :) ). I was so proud of my little baby. When Cortney got home probably 3 hours later I said, "tell daddy what a cat says" and he answered "meow". SO CUTE. He has also been getting into the toilet. AHHHHH. I clean our toilet probably every other day or so (I only have one bathroom so hey it isn't too hard to keep clean). Anyways the toilet is always relatively clean but I also have a three year old and so, sometimes every once in a while it is NOT at all a clean place for him to be playing around in. So today I heard him in there so I went running and sure enough he had put a bunch of toilet paper in...a brush, and a CD. I told him a stern "NO" and looked him straight in the eyes. When he gets sad his bottom lip sticks out and quivers for ever...he is on the brink of crying, corners of his lips keep going further and further down. It is hard to explain but he does it when ever he gets his feelings hurt. He was trying so hard not to cry and wouldn't look at me. I gave him a hug and he just held me which he never does...he hates hugging unless he is in trouble and his feelings are hurt. Hahaa it is so cute...I love him hugging me too and needing me. So I told him he was a good boy but that he can't get in the toilet. He of course got into Cali's a couple of hours later. Man...I try to keep the door closed but Oliver always has to go potty and never shuts the door when he is done. I don't know what to do. I guess in the meantime I will get lots of love from Rob when he gets in trouble and gets sad.

5 comments:

Berta said...

Ohhhhhhh! Hey, if you get "lots of love" . . .I'd take the toilet seat off, leave a basket of old toys & CDs, rolls of toilet paper right by the toilet . . .hey you gotta take what LOVE you can get, when you can get it ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Berta said...

PS.
That is 'one hugeable' cute-kid!
THANKS for the pics.

Supercords said...

That reminds me of last Thursday when someone said "What's the noise?"

It turned out to be little Rob happily splashing away in the toilet water. Oh to be young again...

amber said...

your talking to the queen of kids who get into the toilet, I'm not sure if Vivian should kiss me any more after some of her toilet episodes.

Anonymous said...

Sounds just like Avry, except she play after she has already gone potty! I can't get her to stop!