Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

Easter Sunday. Yesterday it was so nice out. The whole day it was so sunny. And today we wake up to RAIN. Yuck. We still had a great day though. Yesterday we went as a family to Nathan Knowles baptism. We used to live in their basement, we are like family. My boys love him. It was so great to get to see him baptized. I was so proud of him. Afterwards was a luncheon and it was sooo YUMMY. I love food so much. If I wrote the things that made me the most happy everyday on my blog would just be lists and lists of what I ate. I will spare you the boring details but the food was sooo good. Afterwards we went with Cali & Joey to a Easter Carnival at the Orem Owlz stadium. It was really crowded and funny that we were there but the kids got to search for eggs (there weren't actually hidden just laying on the ground). There were hundreds of kids there just running and grabbing eggs. It was a funny thing to do. But we were down at UVSC already and we saw a whole bunch of people getting in a line so we did too. The kids thought it was awesome though and I guess that is what counts. After the kids were asleep I went to FOUR stores looking for easter eggs. First Walmart not an egg or chocolate candy to be found. I couldn't believe it. Plus everyone that was there was in such a panic that it was a mad house. Then to Walgreens, then to Macey's, Jackpot....I found some random bean shaped eggs, and a sparce assortment of candy. No mini eggs but definately better than nothing. Every year this happens to me. The night before easter I think...well I guess I better pick something up for the kids. It sucks....not again though (yeah I say that every year too). Then on to kmart, I wanted to grab a star wars (of course) action figure for Oliver. After I got home we got a surprise visit from my bro-in-law Griffin and some of his friends. It was so fun to have them here. So good of him to stop by too. We love him (of course). It was good because I got to fill all of those boys up with Easter candy.
This morning Oliver came running in wondering if the Easter bunny had come. I was trying to sleep in a little so I told him that I would show him his Easter basket in a little while, as soon as Robbie woke up. He wasn't having that though and he started searching for his stuff. He found it, which was fine. He said, "I'm SOOOO lucky!!!" When he opened an egg with some smarties in it. Rob loved Easter...He couldn't believe he had all of that candy to eat. Oh of course let me explain the pink girl Pajamas...well...a lot of the time my kids go to bed at Cali's house and sometimes I don't have pajamas. So he has to wear Carolina's. So here he is pretty as a peach in girly clothes. Poor kid. I should never take pictures of him in Carolina's stuff but I couldn't help it Easter Morning. It does make me want a daughter so bad. And man my kids look good in pink.
He seriously put like 8 candies in his mouth he just kept putting more and more and wouldn't chew or swallow. I knew it was going to turn into a mess...
He finally got so much candy in there that it gagged him. I tried to edit the gross parts out of the picture but the candy started coming out, and he was so sad.
Here are our STAR WARS eggs. Cute huh?? I couldn't pass these up. Oliver thought they were awesome.
After Church all my family that lives here got together and we had sourdough pancakes. My brother makes them and they are so dang good. Here all all of the cousins L-R: Eliza, Brooklyn, Robbie, Jack, Carolina, Oliver, Zac, Tyson.
Easter egg hunting, Rob thought it was so great, he just wanted to open them up right then and eat the candy.


So that there was our Easter weekend. One funny thing...I fell down the stairs from the top step to the bottom and I landed flat on my face. OUCH. My whole right side is one HUGE black bruise. Oliver just sat there at the top of the stairs. He didn't say anything just went right back to watching T.V. I guess I can't count on him to save me. He said he didn't know I needed help. He is so funny. He kept saying... " I did care" , after he heard me say "Oliver didn't even care, he just kept watching TV". I love my boys. Oh...Rob bit me TWICE during church. Once on my finger and once on my collar bone. He hates any sort of confinement and I don't want him just out walking the halls. I guess that is what I get.

4 comments:

Supercords said...

I can't say I approve of Rob's grotesque candy mouth after the marble incident, but then again, it's Easter, so what can you do.

Imagine if Ollie found his Easter basket, let out shouts of joy, then pried open an Easter egg only to find raisens, soy nuts, and baby carrots. It would have been awesome.

ashleyboice said...

Shane you and I both know how Oliver would have reacted if he would have opened it to those things. I wouldn't want to upset Sir Ollie! Well he would have only been mad about the carrots. Raisens and soy nuts though those a more of a treat than candy around here.

Adri said...

I love the pajamas. I was really confused until I read your explanation. Sounds like you guys had fun. It was SNOWING here!

Berta said...

Love the pics of the 'hunt'! Yeah, I agree with 'supercords' on the mouthfull of stuff . . .all I could see was marbles - sent me in a panic! ! ! But hey, what are grandmas for, anyway?

Love, love, love the pics - THANKS SO MUCH!