Sunday, March 30, 2008

oh the joys of a sick sunday...

So both of my children have been really coughing this week. But then last night Rob woke up in the night crying (he hasn't woken up in the night since probably at Christmas). He had turned the lights on in his room and was freaking out. Then he woke up super early because he was coughing so much. So I knew we wouldn't all be going to church. I went (trust me I was the lucky one for sure) and then I came back for an hour before I had to go to YW presidency meetings. So it was a long morning for Cortney. Seriously...the day just drags on and on when everyone is home sick. Cortney took out the camera this afternoon...

Oliver always looks like he is taking his senior pictures...man that boy can pose. He cracks me up. The funniest is that he is wearing a basketball tank top. (his absolute favorite...not mine to say the least)
They spent the whole day climbing on poor Cortney. I honestly feel so bad for him sometimes.

I tried to sleep...and did for a second but Cortney came in with the camera and kids.
Shortly after everyone came in Rob bit Oliver on the leg...
Here he is in time out.
Poor baby...you have to click on this pictures to see his big tears. His cheeks get so red when he is sick.

Then he noticed that one of his toenails was too long...

So he tried to chew it off. (I know my mom will love this one)


Striking a pose.


Then I got out the paint book for them to do while I made dinner...they were bored today. Way more than usual.

Of course I never have paint brushes...Q-tips were good enough for me when I was a kid so I guess they are good enough for my boys.



Cute Oli...even if you insist on only wearing basket ball jersey's and shorts.

I can't wait for the winter to be over and for good health to be back in full force.

oh I also wanted to say that I didn't edit a single one of these pictures...cortney just keeps getting better and better.

8 comments:

Adri said...

Seriously cute pictures. Your kids are adorable and you look so pretty!

Scott & Tami said...

My kids are sick now too. Jake has diarrhea cha cha cha....he even pooped on his hand because he was trying to hold it in but couldn't. I've seen way to much chocolate milk pooh lately. Hope your kids are feeling better.

Scott & Tami said...

ps...how do you look so gorgeous in the morning?

mumovearls said...

YOUR BOYS ARE SO DANG CUTE! I LOVE THE CHEWING ON HIS TOENAILS- ALL MY KIDS HAVE DONE THAT-
I HATE SICK SUNDAYS I'M THE ONE THAT STAYS HOME!-NENA

Douglas and Connie Jones Earl said...

Just got back from a trip. Glad to see your blog. Rob looks like his grandpa when he chews his toenails. LOVE MOM

lanita said...

Man, Cortney can take pictures!! I love looking at his picture blog. And I am so with you on the coughing thing. Chase has the worst dry hack that seems only to come out at night. Needless to say, after this weekend we are all running on fumes.

ckweller said...

You seriously have to most beautiful skin I have ever seen Ashley, you are so lucky!

The Clark said...

hey, you can't be that beautiful when you are sleeping!