Tuesday, March 04, 2008

IL Divo

So Rob really likes eggs for breakfast. He just isn't really into cereal like Oli is. He wants a mans breakfast. Something hot...that is going to get him through the day. Hahaa. Today I made these...
baked eggs in maple toast cups
1 1/2 Tablespoon butter
1 1/2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
6 slices of bread
3 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and broken into small pieces
6 large eggs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter six muffin cups.

In a small saucepan, melt the butter and add the syrup. (can be done in the microwave)

Remove the crusts from the bread. Flatten each slice with a rolling pin. Brush both sides of each slice with the syrup mixture. Pat one slice into each muffin cup and sprinkle the bacon pieces in the cups. Break an egg into each cup and bake until the eggs are set; start checking after about 5 minutes ( I think mine took about 15-18 mins). Lift the toast cups from the pan and serve immediately, drizzled with additional syrup, if desired. Oh...and don't forget fresh cracked pepper and salt.

I thought these were really yummy, but then I love breakfast, and I love sweet and savory tastes mixed together. What I really liked about this is all of the cooking is done before hand so everyone can sit and eat at the same time (which doesn't always happen with fried eggs and toast or pancakes) YUM.

Rob has been my obsession lately. I can't believe that someone so naughty and stubborn can be so awesome to me. Does that make sense? I just feel obsessed with him. I love the age he is at. This morning I was laying in bed and he brought me a box of wheat thins. I told him to go get a ziploc bag and take it to daddy and daddy would fill it for him. He came back a couple of seconds later with a ziplock and explained "daddy going peed on da potty". Hahaa. Such a clear as day sentence. I love when kids are learning to talk. I think the reason he is so hard to understand is his cheeks are just too chubby and they flub up the sound. Today for lunch I was eating some california rolls that I got from costco. I told rob it was sushi...and he kept asking me for some. So I gave in and he ate like 4 rolls. I don't know why I was surprised the boy loves food...but it was funny to see him eating it.


Then at nap time he kept getting up I was trying to make him stay in there but, I had put him down later than usual and by this time it was 2:30. I knew that it was to late so I let him come up. About an hour later he...
Fell asleep on the couch. He kept telling me "it's freezing" So I covered him up with a blanket and a hot pad (I had been warming my feet...weird I know) And minutes later he was in lala land. I think this is the 2nd time in his life he has fallen asleep somewhere other than his carseat or bed.

8 comments:

Angie said...

i too am like rob and would rather have an actual "breakfast" than cereal....and those things look delicious. i may have to try them this saturday when i have time to actually get something done and don't have to get to work.

amber said...

that's so funny about your obsession with Rob because I was thinking the same thing about Vivian, I think its because just like a couple of months ago they were babies and now they can talk-so it's like getting to really know someone after like two years of hanging out with them 24/7, does that make any sense? probably not but your breakfast looked good anyways.

ashleyboice said...

bea...that totally makes sense...and I think that is what it is. For sure.

Laura Lei said...

That breakfast looks sooo yummy. It's making me hungry. I think I might make it tomorrow.

vjc said...

I am hungry.
Did you check the name for your sit from mine? maybe old stuff for you.

KAMBRIA and MATT said...

My dad used to make something almost just like this for breakfast. We called it "Daddy's surprise." I loved it.

Angelique said...

i am sitting at work right now (yes, i should be working, but it's friday) and i saw these delicious little dealys which make me super hungry..i'm definitely going to have to try making them when justin is off of the no carbs.

Angelique said...

i am sitting at work right now (yes, i should be working, but it's friday) and i saw these delicious little dealys which make me super hungry..i'm definitely going to have to try making them when justin is off of the no carbs.