Monday, March 17, 2008

king of the road

I went today to get a Utah Driver's license. Oye. First the line at the DMV was like nothing I have ever seen before. I get to the front...and yup, I have forgotten my social security card...what?? So I run home, Cali is watching the kids and they are all for some reason doing a lot of yelling today. So I go and try to find my card...in the important documents file...but it isn't there...none of the birth certificates or passports are either. Then I remember that Cortney got a safe...for one of his hand guns?? I think... Anyways he has put the documents in there. I call him for the combo...he tells me it should be on a paper in his closet. I can't find the paper but I remembered that I told him to email himself the combination. So I get the combo (that word feels weird to me) and I can't get it open. I feel like I am trying to rob a bank or something. So finally he tells me you start the opposite way from the junior high locker ones...so I finally get it open. And there inside the safe is the combination and instructions on how to open it. hahaa. Anyways. I headed back down to the DMV waited in line waited and waited then I had to do a 25 question open book test. I haven't taken a test in like 9 years. I was shaking and nervous and I had to say a little prayer just like I did when I was in the 7th grade. I was so nervous. Teenagers on my left and right were failing the test (you can try 2 times in a day) and I was freaking out. Ohhh and to make matters worse my phone rang super loud...My best friends girl by the CARS and no cell phones are allowed in the testing center...I turned BRIGHT RED and hurried to get it turned off. I fully expected to fail...(you have to get an 80 percent) but sure enough I missed one...and the lady at the desk told me the one I missed wasn't in the book. It was asking if it was illegal to drive in the "gore" while merging onto the freeway. What in the world is the "gore" and why was it in quotation marks on the test??? I don't know. I passed though with flying colors. And now I can drive again...yeah.

Also good news for me. I wrote last summer that we couldn't have a garden for 3 years because Orem (well my neighborhood) is infested with the Japanese Beetle. Well this year they are letting us. YES!!! I can't wait. Oliver and I talk everyday about what kind of veggies we can't wait to grow.

6 comments:

Berta said...

Congrats on your GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT! No kidding, Katrina took the written test yesterday and flunked it ! ! ! . . .yes, and she graduated from law school a few months ago, thank you very much! ! ! ! ! I thought that was hilarious (she didn't)! I know 'that' feeling. Great post. I think we're going to grow a garden this year too - we'll pull weeds together!

Anonymous said...

Good job on the driving test
Good luck on the garden
LOVE MOM

Angelique said...

Oh, how fun to have a garden! Samantha and I were talking the other day about how we think gardening will be hobby of ours some day. Being outside is so awesome...yay for you on the test! I'm a terrible test taker..I get nervous...so I could feel my heart pounding while I read your story...haha

Angelique said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kacey Nielsen said...

It is so awesome to have food you have grown yourself. We just planted tomatos and strawberries. So dang fun.

vjc said...

Who'd a thunk that a drivers license test would make such a great story? That one ought to be in a magazine somewhere.I'd really like the tale evn if i didn't know you. It's doubly good when I do.